Support for Mac OS X

Remote Monitoring Agent for Linux, FreeBSD, and other UNIX-like platforms.
jbmadsen

Support for Mac OS X

Post by jbmadsen »

How well does the RMA work on Mac OS X?

I have support for monitoring for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 as hard requirements for our new monitoring tool and it's listed as being beta quality (and last release was in 2007).
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

It's listed beta because we do not have Mac OS X in our environment and it is tested by our customers. We have not received any complains regarding RMA 1.23 for Mac OS X, so I can assume it works fine. The one problem is that we were unable adjust "CPU Usage" test method to work properly on Mac OS X. RMA uses cpu.sh script (included into RMA package) to check CPU utilization. Could you please, take a look at this script? Probably, you will find a solution. Thank you in advance.

On the other hand, if you provide us SSH access to your Mac OS system, we can compile the RMA 1.25 for you. Also we can send you source codes and you will be able to compile the agent by your self. However, we send source codes for the registered customers only. Could you send your Registration Name to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards,
Max
jbmadsen

Post by jbmadsen »

Hi Max

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I can not give you access to one of our Mac servers, but I will keep your product on the short list and make a test installation.

Kind regards,
Jens