KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

active RMA tests come back as "RMA not connected"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: active RMA tests come back as "RMA not connected" Reply with quote

I am starting a new topic as requested here: http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4529&start=15

Basically, my issue is as follows:

We are experiencing an issue with several clients where the tests will begin to retufn an unknown status, saying RMA not connected. However if I go into the RMA manager, I see that agent as being connected. The network is up, and I am able to log into the server remotely. If I try to refresh the test, It still comes back unknown. If I restart the RMA service on the server, then the tests start working again. In the loga_bad.txt on the remote agent, I usually see lines like the following:
Code:
[1/4/2009 6:01 AM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)
[1/4/2009 12:30 PM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)
[1/4/2009 3:45 PM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)
[1/4/2009 3:45 PM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data
[1/5/2009 1:28 AM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)
[1/5/2009 2:50 AM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data
[1/5/2009 4:39 AM]   SERVER2   Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)

These servers use file system level antivirus ONLY (no network scanning, software firewall, etc). All remote agents are version 3.34. HostMonitor is version 7.74. Servers are all windows server 2003. There are no abnormal winsock components that I'm aware of. If we have 2 agents on the same network, one agent may continue working fine while an agent on another computer may stop. We use active RMA as we do not have access to all of our customers routers in order to configure port forwarding (and we have a lot of clients, so we would really prefer not to have to do this for every client).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It look like connection was dropped due to network error or some 3rd party software. However I do not see the following "Connection error" messages, this means Active RMA was able to re-connect to HostMonitor. So HostMonitor should be able to perform the tests...
Are you sure HostMonitor could not perform tests after [1/4/2009 3:46 PM]? Could you send entire logs (loga_bad.txt and loga_ok.txt and HostMonitor system log) to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
ldean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sure. If I try and re-run the test manually, it comes back as not connected still even though its connected in RMA manager. Only after I restart the RMA service on the client will the test run properly. I will email the log over for a couple clients and see what we can do. Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure. If I try and re-run the test manually, it comes back as not connected still even though its connected in RMA manager.

Well, RMA Manager does not perform tests. Agent can be connected to RMA Manager but disconnected from HostMonitor. You may check status of all agents connected to HostMonitor using menu "View" -> "Active RMA Status" or using "Choose remote monitoring agent" dialog.
We have checked your logs and sent answer by e-mail...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: