KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Pause test by hms script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Pause test by hms script Reply with quote

Hi
i think that may be usefull to pause a test by hms script.
by script is already possible to enable/disable test so i think that this feature will not require a lot of time...so i hope that you can give me this big big big present as soon as possible
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think we can implement this option.
Not sure we will do this in version 7, probably in 8.00

Regards
Alex
sine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope in a miracle for have this function asap.

At this moment i have a lot of test that send me an SMS alert (using an external program).

I would like to reply the sms and pause the related test....if you consider that a large number of SMS was send in the night you can imagine that this feature is very very very very very important for the destinatary of the sms
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand...
If you do not want to receive SMS alerts at night time, you may assign "schedule" to that action.

Do you mean your tests often changes status and you want to receive just 1st alert? May be its better to find the reason of such unreliable service?

Regards
Alex
sine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Not sure I understand...
If you do not want to receive SMS alerts at night time, you may assign "schedule" to that action.

Do you mean your tests often changes status and you want to receive just 1st alert? May be its better to find the reason of such unreliable service?

Regards
Alex

Alex,

the SMS will be sent the night because we offer a service 24x7 but sometimes the alerts didn't need an immediate resolution, or sometimes the problem notified isn't a really problem.

it's very hard to explane...but a lot of times the only way for the "lucky" man that receive this SMS is to connect to HostMonitor and pause the test....or try to ignore the telephone
As you can imagine there is a big difference between "stend up and connect to hostmonitor" and "reply to the sms from your bad"
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I still do not understand.

Quote:
the SMS will be sent the night because we offer a service 24x7 but sometimes the alerts didn't need an immediate resolution, or sometimes the problem notified isn't a really problem.

If you are using "Repeat: 1 time" option for the test, HostMonitor will send just 1 SMS when test fails.
Also, if you know that "problem notified isn't a really problem", you may setup alert profile to send SMS at working hours only.
How do you decide is "problem notified isn't a really problem"? Using test name received with SMS? Then you may use different alert profiles for critical and non-critical test items. I think its better than receive SMS in 3am and then pause the test.

Regards
Alex
sine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Sorry, I still do not understand.

Quote:

If you are using "Repeat: 1 time" option for the test, HostMonitor will send just 1 SMS when test fails.
Also, if you know that "problem notified isn't a really problem", you may setup alert profile to send SMS at working hours only.
How do you decide is "problem notified isn't a really problem"? Using test name received with SMS? Then you may use different alert profiles for critical and non-critical test items. I think its better than receive SMS in 3am and then pause the test.

Regards
Alex

Alex,

i understand that this is very strange...but the same alert some times may notificate a problem that we have to solve into some minutes and some times may be a "notification" of a probally future problem...it depends from a lot of information and we unfortunately can't determine this before.

so we have some test that send SMS 24x7x365 and the operator that receive this message can valutate the priority of the alert (that depends yet from ALL the alerts that he received) and decide if he can ignore the SMS or not.

So...i know...this is very very strange...but there are only two ways for us
1) ignore the SMS
2) pause the test

obviusly we need to send the SMS "untill status change" and not only one time.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there is update at www.ks-soft.net/download/hm773.zip
Please install version 7.72 before using this update

Now HM Script allows you to use command like
PauseTest <TestName> <time_minutes> [<Comment>]

Regards
Alex
sine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot...you make me an happy user
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: