KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Filtering Systems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim.watts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Filtering Systems Reply with quote

Hi.

This may be an easy one to answer, but I am blowed if I can find the solution...

I have multiple machines running the same test, but it is set so that there is a separate folder for each machine, which I am guessing is the norm.

When I run a report using Log Analyser, the report for the test shows every machine that is performing the test, but I want it to only be one specific system.

Can anyone advise how to filter out the machine name / IP address from the report criteria as well?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tim Watts
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log Analyzer does not know anything about folder structure (we plan to change this in version 8 ). So, if you assign the same name to various test items (the same name and test method), log records produced by these test items looks like records produced by single test.

Possible solutions
1) rename your tests, assign unique names (recommended solution)
2) use ODBC logging and setup Log Analyzer to use testID separate test items
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#odbcManager
3) Use undocumented option that tells HostMonitor to create log records using full path to the test items. You may add "LogUseFullPath=1" line into [Logging] section of hostmon.ini file and restart HostMonitor.

Note: any of these methods will not help you with records that already in the log.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: