KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Several questions about HM.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several questions about HM:
1.How to check email server with HM?I believe it is better if HM can send and receive an email automatically.
2.I have several proxy server to provide different serivice through different lines.But HM can only set one proxy.So it can not check each line at the same time. I wish HM can set different proxy at each item.
3.When I check service or process on windows 2000 server,I have entered username and password ,but HM can not logon the server.I don't know the reason.
HM version is 1.78 on windows 2000.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Eric
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) HostMonitor 3.1x has new "SMTP" test. To perform this test HostMonitor connects to the server, waits for answer, optionally sends "VRFY" command.

2) Current version of HostMonitor supports only one proxy. As workaround you can start several copies of HostMonitor with different settings (using command line parameters "/Ini=IniFileName", "/List=HostsFileName").

3) Its hard to say what is the problem. Are you sure HostMonitor cannot logon to the server? Or perhaps it logon but for some reason cannot retrieve list of processes? Does machine with HostMonitor in the same domain? Do you use account that has administrative privileges?

Regards
Alex
Eric

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex.
Just the third point.When I logon to the server using"\IP",enter user name"Administrator"and password in the popup window.Then HM perform checking correctly.But if I enter the user name and password in HM.It cann't.
The server OS is windows 2000 server Chinese version an the OS of the machine with HM is windows 2000 sp2 Chinese version and I have tested on several machine.

Regards
Eric
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,
Unfortunately I did not find any mention about this problem in MSDN library, but I find something in programmer's newsgroups. Some people has the same problem (with another programs) and to resolve it they use IP address instead name of target system (\IP) and domain admin account instead local admin account. I don't know this will help in your case or not, but you can try.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: