KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Report Scheduler not generating reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpdredd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Report Scheduler not generating reports Reply with quote

I have a single report within report manager that I want to run every 120 minutes or so, but for whatever reason it isn't running at all. I am wondering if by disabling alerts I have disabled this functionality as well.

Thanks,

Raymond
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you describe the problem, please tell us what version of the software do you use. 1.00? 3.71? 5.54? 7.20?

Quote:
that I want to run every 120 minutes

Could you please explain what exactly option do you use to "run every 120 minutes"?
- "Generate reports" option that is located on Reports page in the Options dialog?
- "Generate reports" option that is located on Reports page in the Folder Properties dialog?
- "Execute action profile" option that is located on Scheduler page in the Options dialog?
- some other? E.g. test item that starts alert every 120 min?

Regards
Alex
mpdredd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured out the problem, settings were not sticking when I set the options through the RCC and clicked save, they did not actually save. When I set them up through the actual AHM GUI everything is working fine.

Any thoughts?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again - you have not provided information about software that you are using.
Could you please tell as what version of the software do you use?

Quote:
settings were not sticking when I set the options through the RCC and clicked save, they did not actually save.
Any thoughts?

When HostMonitor does not accept command from RCC, RCC should display error message. Do you see any error?
Also, you did not respond to my previous questions. What exactly options you are using?

May be you are running several instances of HostMonitor?
Quote from the manual
Quote:
Note #4: There is common mistake - install HostMonitor as service, start service, then start application. Please DO NOT start several instances of HostMonitor on the same system using the same installation folder and configuration files. If you do so, several instances will work simultaneously, monitor the same target systems, and launch the same actions. If you modify test settings or profiles using 2nd instance of the software (application), 1st instance (service) will not apply modifications until you restart service. Also, your log files and statistical information will not be accurate when you are running several instances of the monitor using the same log files.
That's why HostMonitor warns you when you are trying to start application while service is running as well.

Please understand - we don't know what exactly you are doing, what software do you use, what errors do you see. We cannot help you unless you provide some information so we can understand what is happening on your system.

Regards
Alex
mpdredd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should have been more clear, I am using 7.20, and from within the options dialog I selected the report I wanted to autogenerate there and clicked save.. When i launched the gui I made sure that the service was stopped first.

RCC did not throw an error at all, at acted as if it had accepted the settings.

I am telling it to autogenerate a report every 5 minutes, and I have one report selected.

I hope that is enough info, sorry to drag this out by not answering your questions to the fullest.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, we cannot reproduce this problem. What Windows do you use? Service Pack?
Could you send your configuration files for testing? We need all *.INI, *.LST and HML file with test items. support@ks-soft.net

Quote:
RCC did not throw an error at all, at acted as if it had accepted the settings.

If RCC option "Display confirmation message when new settings applied" is enabled, RCC should display message like "HostMonitor response: settings applied" when you close Options dialog using "Save" button.
Could you try to enable this option? Do you see confirmation message

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: