KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Libraries version needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Libraries version needed Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Im using the latest version of RMAs and HM and i'd like to know if there is any way to manage to make a RMA runs on an old Linux plateform. Indeed, I had several problems with a RedHat xserver wich is really out of date (gcc version = 2.94 for example ) and we cannot update it, its not our business, our customer want to keep it that way... So i'd like to know if your Unix RMA 1.22 works with such a old OS or if it's possible to link only some libraries (i guess not) or anything else...
Could you please give a small list of libraries version needed for a standard linux.
Thanks
Regards
Vincent
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide more information, please?
- What exact problems have you faced?
- Do you see any errors? What exact errors do you see?

In fact, RMA 1.22 should work on such an old system. Truth to say, RMA 1.25 should work either. I suppose, there are some compatibility problems might appear, related to libstdc++.so library, however, I think you may resolve this by creating links, e.g: ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/libstdc++so.6 or something like that.

You are right, gcc version 2.94 is pretty old, but I am sure it is possible to compile the RMA using it. However, we supply RMA source codes for the registered customers only. Could you send request to support@ks-soft.net and provide your Registration Name and/or Order ID?

Regards,
Max
Vini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft Europe wrote:

In fact, RMA 1.22 should work on such an old system. Truth to say, RMA 1.25 should work either. I suppose, there are some compatibility problems might appear, related to libstdc++.so library, however, I think you may resolve this by creating links, e.g: ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/libstdc++so.6 or something like that.

You are right, gcc version 2.94 is pretty old, but I am sure it is possible to compile the RMA using it. However, we supply RMA source codes for the registered customers only. Could you send request to support@ks-soft.net and provide your Registration Name and/or Order ID?

Regards,
Max

Yeah, that's my problem, the library libstdd++.so.6 is missing on my system and the one i got is libstdc++.so.2.8 which is really old, but i din't try to link that one to a .6 one, i'll try right away and i'll let you know.
I tried to install the package which contain libstd++.so.6 but it's a real mess, the sytem is too old, i would need a complete update to manage for it.
Thanks for such a quick reply
See u
Regards
Vini
Vini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vini wrote:
KS-Soft Europe wrote:

Regards,
Max

Yeah, that's my problem, the library libstdd++.so.6 is missing on my system and the one i got is libstdc++.so.2.8 which is really old, but i din't try to link that one to a .6 one, i'll try right away and i'll let you know.
I tried to install the package which contain libstd++.so.6 but it's a real mess, the sytem is too old, i would need a complete update to manage for it.
Thanks for such a quick reply
See u
Regards
Vini

Well, it worked, my deamon has started pretty properly (i still had a segmentation error) but it looks like it's working my agent is runig ans it's listening the 1055 port so... i'll see in further test when our customers will open us that port ^^
Regards
Vini
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you have managed to get it working. However, segmentation fault is quite dangerous thing, so I would recommend you to recompile the agent. Please, send request to support@ks-soft.net

Regards,
Max
Vini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft Europe wrote:
Glad you have managed to get it working. However, segmentation fault is quite dangerous thing, so I would recommend you to recompile the agent. Please, send request to support@ks-soft.net

Regards,
Max

Ok, thx for this advice, i'm gonna DL sources of RMA and i will compile an agent for that old OS.

Regards
Vini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: