KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Active RMA stops responding and service won't stop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russionix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Checking status of new build Reply with quote

Just checking to see if you've been able to integrate the changed code into a final form. I am still waiting to update my Active RM Agents to resolve the problem.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are testing new version. If you would like, I can provide a link.
You should test it anyway because old version works fine on all our systems so we cannot be sure we fixed the problem until you say so.

Regards
Alex
russionix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Please provide link Reply with quote

Yes, I would be happy to test it on a few of my systems. Please provide a link.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.ks-soft.net/download/actrma306.zip

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does everythink work fine?

Regards
Alex
russionix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Active RMA agents still running Reply with quote

I updated about 20 of my active RMA agents so far and all have worked continuosly since update. It looks like whatever the problem was, it has been resolved. Nice work. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Thank you for testing
So, finally we can start implementing SNMP Traps test for Active RMA...

Regards
Alex
ldean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a really old post, but its the only one I can find that pertains to my problem, and given that it is this much later, i assume the new builds should have these fixes built into the code. Unforunately, however, we are still experiencing the same issues. Tests will come back as RMA not connected, when if we go into the RMA manager, they will show connected. If I look in the logs (loga_bad.txt) at the time that it dropped off, I see the following sorts of errors:
Code:
Decode error: Cannot read data

or
Code:
Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)

I hope you can give some suggestions as to what we can do to fix this issue, because we really like host monitor, except the false positives it keeps on throwing is really causing an issue as we can't be checking servers all day that aren't really having an issue. Let me know if you have any ideas. thank you!!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its better to start new thread. Please create new thread and tell us what version of HostMonitor do you use? RMA version? Windows and Service Pack version on local (HostMonior) and remote (RMA) system?
Do you have installed some antivirus monitors, personal firewall, content monitoring software? Non stanard winsock components?

Also, how exactly problem appears?
a)) RMA cannot perform tests at all?
b) or Active RMA works for a while then test returns "Unknown" status then test may work again?
c) or or Active RMA works for a while then test returns "Unknown" status and after each next probe it returns the same "Unknown" status with the same "Cannot read data" message in Reply field of the test? then you restart Active RMA and everything works fine?
d) some other scenario?

Do you use some Passive RMA? If not, can you setup Passive RMA instead of Active RMA?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: