KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA for Solaris

View previous topic :: View next topic  
althaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: RMA for Solaris Reply with quote

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me how to install and proceed with RMA on solaris ?
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty simple. Please read the following article: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-unix/index.htm#install

You should download appropriate binary module (for Intel or SPARC platform), copy it into some folder on Solaris system, unpack, adjust settings in rma.ini file and start the agent in daemon or interactive mode. Please note: Port, specified in rma.ini file should be opened on firewall.

On the HostMonitor's side, you should create a record for this agent using "RMA Manager" utility or using "Agents List" window in HostMonitor's directly. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#agentlist

After that, you should create a certain test and select appropriate RMA from "Test By" dropdown in "Test Properties" window.

Regards,
Max
althaf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Sock testing .. TCP listen error: Reply with quote

Hi Max,

I get this error now ,when i try to start up the rma..

./rma -d /export/home/ahamza/test/rma.ini
-------------------------------------------------------------
Application: RMA (Remote Monitoring Agent for HostMonitor)
Version: 1.25 for Solaris
Copyright: 2004 - 2007 Alexander Kozlov
web: http://www.ks-soft.net
e-mail: support@ks-soft.net
-------------------------------------------------------------
Command line checking .. Ok
Settings checking .. Ok
CPU testing .. Ok
Basic encyption checking .. Ok
RMA encyption checking .. Ok
Sock testing .. TCP listen error:
socket() or bind() error
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sock testing .. TCP listen error: Reply with quote

althaf wrote:
socket() or bind() error
Looks like port, you have specified in rma.ini file, is already utilized by other applications.
You may try to run netstat utility to find out, what ports are already utilized.

On the other hand, probably, rma daemon is already started on your system? You may use ps -e | grep rma command to check it out.

For the configuration purposes, I would suggest you to start rma in interactive mode using -i -vd command line parameters. e.g.
./rma -i -vd /export/home/ahamza/test/rma.ini

Regards,
Max
althaf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Upgrading the license Reply with quote

How do I update the license ?
We have purchased an upgrade from Professional to Enterprise,, I am unable to upgrade it..
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrading the license Reply with quote

althaf wrote:
How do I update the license ?
We have purchased an upgrade from Professional to Enterprise,, I am unable to upgrade it..
After you receive new license codes (Registration Name and Registration code), you have to insert these data into appropriate fields into "Registration" window using HostMonitor menu "Help" -> "License.." -> "Register Now".

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> RMA for UNIX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: