KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Report showing outages for a specific amount of time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnakatsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Report showing outages for a specific amount of time Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all you support guys! =)

You've all been so helpful in the past that I wanna say thanks to all of you, and I hope you can help me again.

I'm trying to see if HM 6.82 has the capability to create a report showing outages that last longer than a specific time period.

I have 573 test running, and we are using this to monitor our network health. I'd like to generate a report that shows single outages (failed tests) that last for more than 4 hours in a given time frame. I've tried using report manager and log analyzer, but I didn't see anything for this. All the data seems to be there, but scrolling through 573 tests to see what's been down for how long, and when is a pain. Is the built in reporting feature able to do this?

Thanks again for all your help!
Terence
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Report showing outages for a specific amount of time Reply with quote

tnakatsu wrote:
Happy New Year to all you support guys! =)
Thank you!

tnakatsu wrote:
You've all been so helpful in the past that I wanna say thanks to all of you, and I hope you can help me again.
You are welcome.

tnakatsu wrote:
I have 573 test running, and we are using this to monitor our network health. I'd like to generate a report that shows single outages (failed tests) that last for more than 4 hours in a given time frame. I've tried using report manager and log analyzer, but I didn't see anything for this. All the data seems to be there, but scrolling through 573 tests to see what's been down for how long, and when is a pain. Is the built in reporting feature able to do this?
I think, you may use "Views". "Views" feature was introduced in version 6.70 http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#testlist.htm#ViewsList
You may create a view that shows the tests, which have "Bad" status only and last > than 240 minutes (4 hours - "Status duration > N min" criteria). You may associate up to 6 individual reports for each "View" and make HostMonitor to generate such reports every minute or so.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: