KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Errors in 7.06 beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggers2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Errors in 7.06 beta Reply with quote

Hi,

two things after updating to 7.06:

1. there are more often "unkown status" reportet (RMA: Connection error)than before. sometimes a test (does not matter which one) just gets this message, next time the test runs everything is ok. also, when I then start the test manuelly, it is ok (connection ist all the time ok!)

In version 6.82 does this not happen. it came up after updating.

2. I also tried to use active rma, thanks for things great new thing! BUT: It does not work correct.
I opend port 80 in my router and made a ip port forwarding on the hostmonitor server. The active RMA is enabled to accept on port 80. When I install the active rma client on the customer server I can start it and it will build up a connection to hostmonitor. everything is ok.
but after some hours, the connection is dead. hostmonitor reports "rma not connected". when i restart the active rma programm (NOT AS SERVICE) on the customer server the connection ist there, but just for some minutes / hours....

I also have a big problem with the active rma service. I can install ist and start it. but i cannot stop it!!!! then the sofwtare hangs up. I tried this with different servers, all time the same problem.

greetings and merry christmas !

Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. there are more often "unkown status" reportet (RMA: Connection error)than before. sometimes a test (does not matter which one) just gets this message, next time the test runs everything is ok. also, when I then start the test manuelly, it is ok (connection ist all the time ok!)

Looks like problem with simultaneous TCP connections
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#problems
What Windows do you use on that system? Service Pack?

Quote:
but after some hours, the connection is dead. hostmonitor reports "rma not connected". when i restart the active rma programm (NOT AS SERVICE) on the customer server the connection ist there, but just for some minutes / hours....

The same question: Windows? Service Pack?
If connection drops, Active RMA should try to establish new connection every 30 or every 4 seconds (depeding on reason of the break).
Does it try to establish new connections? What do you see in the log?

Can you check resource usage for the agent? You may use standard Windows Task Manager to check Handles, GDI and USER objects. What the total resource usage on that system?

Quote:
I also have a big problem with the active rma service. I can install ist and start it. but i cannot stop it!!!! then the sofwtare hangs up. I tried this with different servers, all time the same problem

We were able to reproduce this problem. Will be investigated...

Merry christmas

Regards
Alex
Eggers2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Looks like problem with simultaneous TCP connections
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#problems
What Windows do you use on that system? Service Pack?

But why did that not happen in Version 6.8x ??? software is in 95% of all customer servers a windows 2003 server R2.
I reduced the number of test to 5 now. We will see...

Quote:
The same question: Windows? Service Pack?

Same answer Windows 2003 server R2.

Quote:
If connection drops, Active RMA should try to establish new connection every 30 or every 4 seconds (depeding on reason of the break).
Does it try to establish new connections? What do you see in the log?

Yes it tries to reconnect, but the log says
"[25.12.2007 16:11] xx-berlin-xxxsrv Connection error".
After stopping and starting ARMA everythings ist ok for some hours/minutes.

Quote:
Can you check resource usage for the agent? You may use standard Windows Task Manager to check Handles, GDI and USER objects. What the total resource usage on that system?

resource is 0, just sometimes 2 percent.
handles 101, gdi 53, user objects 32. This is just after restarting the arma client.

Quote:
We were able to reproduce this problem. Will be investigated...

Great !
Thanks,
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there are more often "unkown status" reportet (RMA: Connection error)than before

Could you please try this module www.ks-soft.net/download/rma362c.zip ?

Quote:
handles 101, gdi 53, user objects 32. This is just after restarting the arma client.

That's normal. Please check resource usage again when problem occurs

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also have a big problem with the active rma service. I can install ist and start it. but i cannot stop it!!!!

Could you please try this update www.ks-soft.net/download/rma_a302c.zip

Regards
Alex
Eggers2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed both new files.

It just resolved the problem of the service. Now I can stop and start it.
Thanks.

BUT:
1. I still have the problem that the active RMA clients just work only about 10 minutes ! (handles 245, user 27, gdi 53 -> this is, when it does not work any more).

2. And also that the passive rmaīs sometimes say "rma-connection error" . but only for one test for a server. and when I immediatly restart manualy the test, it is ok. That has definitly not happend in 6.82 ! 100% sure!

Hope you can fix this, because we really need this software (very important is failure 2)!

Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce these problems.
Do you have installed some antivirus monitors, personal firewall, content monitoring software? Non stanard winsock components?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That has definitly not happend in 6.82 ! 100% sure!

Have you tried HostMonitor 7 and RMA 3.44 (that comes with HostMonitor 6.82)? Just for testing...

Regards
Alex
Eggers2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh damn. thats bad news.

of course we have anti virus monitors and firewalls (not personal) but I donīt understand, why the connection active rma breaks down after around 10 minutes !? If it is a firewall or AV System it should not work for one minute.... but it does around 10 !

the passive rmaīs worked fine for over half a year! not once a connection error. Just with the upgrade this came up. So here I think MUST BE a failure in the Version 7.06, I think.
Is there no other who has this problem? Or are we both the only silly guys who work around christmas ?!

bye for now, hope we find the answer in the next days....

Alex
Eggers2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you tried HostMonitor 7 and RMA 3.44 (that comes with HostMonitor 6.82)? Just for testing...

yes, when I first send you the problem i used 7.00 with 3.44.

then I run 7.06 with 3.44.

and now it is 7.06 with 3.62 (you postet on the 25.12.)

In every case I have the same failure.

I now reduced the testbaviour to 1 test per second. the passive rmaīs did not fail now for about 10 minutes. thats ok, but could not be the solving, because 1 test/second ist not enough...

alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
of course we have anti virus monitors and firewalls (not personal) but I donīt understand, why the connection active rma breaks down after around 10 minutes !? If it is a firewall or AV System it should not work for one minute.... but it does around 10 !

What exactly antivirus do you use? Could you try to install agent on clean system? Some antiviruses often lead to problems, especially Symantec Antivirus and McAfee. I am talking about real-time antivirus modules that try to monitor network traffic, applications, system calls. Antivirus scanners do not lead to any problems.

Quote:
I now reduced the testbaviour to 1 test per second. the passive rmaīs did not fail now for about 10 minutes. thats ok, but could not be the solving, because 1 test/second ist not enough...

I am using 32 tests per second for passive RMA and it works just fine.
What kind of tests do you use?

Quote:
then I run 7.06 with 3.44.
and now it is 7.06 with 3.62 (you postet on the 25.12.)
In every case I have the same failure

While HostMonitor 6.82 and RMA 3.44 worked fine? Then probably this problem relates to HostMonitor, not the agent... but it woks fine on our systems

Regards
Alex
Eggers2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What exactly antivirus do you use? Could you try to install agent on clean system? Some antiviruses often lead to problems, especially Symantec Antivirus and McAfee. I am talking about real-time antivirus modules that try to monitor network traffic, applications, system calls. Antivirus scanners do not lead to any problems.

We use Trend Micro Client Server Suite and Panda Antivirus. In both cases the problem occours. I will try it on a system without AV...

Quote:
What kind of tests do you use?

I used 10 Test/sec. before. Now with one test/sec. it was ok. Now I made up 2 test/sec. We will see...

Quote:
While HostMonitor 6.82 and RMA 3.44 worked fine? Then probably this problem relates to HostMonitor, not the agent... but it woks fine on our systems

I think it is hostmonitor, because 6.82 and 3.44 was fine. 7.06 and 3.44 not !

Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggers2 wrote:
Is there no other who has this problem? Or are we both the only silly guys who work around christmas ?!

I'm using HM v7.01 in productive environment.
The following passive windows RMAs (I use port 1055 on some and 5001 for most of the RMAs) (several Windows Server OS, W2K3 R2 too)
1 x 3.38
9 x 3.40
12 x 3.44
Each RMA is only doing about 4 to 5 tests.
Max 5 test / sec

No connection problems (you see that errors in Quick log-Pane ?!)

Maybe you'll try V7.01 or step back to 6.82 just for testing (Alex may say if that does make sense and what is the best way to do that)

Best regards

Juergen
JuergenF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:

As far as I know that is a global setting for HM ?!
Is there a special setting for RMA ?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some new undocumented options for Active RMA however global option "Don't start more than [N] tests per second" has effect for all tests

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: