KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Report summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnakatsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Report summary Reply with quote

HI, I'm hoping that you can help me.

I'm trying to create a specific report type. I've read the examples of custom html, but I'd like to generate a report for all ping tests, then have the total average alive % and dead % for all tests combined to be summarized at the end of the report.

I can see only one way that might work, however I am still using 5.88. I'm going to migrate up to 6.82 to try to take advantage of test linking. As I see it, the only way this might work is if I create a new folder, link all the ping tests there, then use the %folderaverage_aliveratio% and %folderaverage_deadratio% to sumaraize the tests.

Will this work?

Is there a better/easier/other wat to accomplish this? I need this metric to measure our total network uptime/downtime to back up our SLA of 99.5% Uptime.

Another quick question while we're at it. Is it possible to use custom.html report for Log Analyzer? I also need to break this down into different time segments (3 weeks, 4 months, etc) and still have the average dead and alive ratios for each report.

Thanks!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see why do you need special folder and "link" feature
Report Manager allows you to include some sort of tests (e.g. Ping) into the report and exclude other test methods
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#Reports

Regards
Alex
tnakatsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

Sorry about that. I guess I wasn't too clear explaining what I'm looking for.

The reason I created the link folder is so that I can get an average alive and dead summary for all the ping tests.

I have all my tests broken down into multiple subfolders. When I created the report for ping only, it created a summary for each of my subfolders, but not the entire main folder.

Also, about log analyzer, is it possible to generate a report for a specific time interval, and have it create a summary as well?

What my manager is looking for is a report of our alive and dead time, with a summary, for any time interval within the year. I generated a report in Log analyzer to do this, but there is no summary available with the total average alive and dead ratios.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Thanks!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see.
Then you are right, version 6.70+ will be useful in such case. It provides another feature that would be more useful in your case - Views.
You may create "view" that will show all Ping tests within 20 sec. And if you create some new Ping test items, they will be displayed by the "view" automatically.
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#testlist.htm#ViewsList

Quote:
Also, about log analyzer, is it possible to generate a report for a specific time interval, and have it create a summary as well?

Sorry, it does not provide summary on group of tests.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: