KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to setup individual tests to trip master alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimholcomb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: How to setup individual tests to trip master alert Reply with quote

I want to setup approximately 50 tests and if any ONE of those fails I want to trip the master alert.

The specific example is I want to test some 50 folders for files that are more than 60 minutes old. If there are any failures I want to send 1 alert, not 50.

The directory structure is already in place and isn't setup to easily do one test that reads all subfolders, and I can't change what's already in place.

Is there any way to set this up?

Thanks,
Jim
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these sub-directories do not belong to single folder, then yes - you should create several test items.
I think you may group all these tests into single folder (HostMonitor's folder) and assign alert profile with "advanced mode" action. You may use expression like %FolderCurrent_BadTests%==1 for this action

Regards
Alex
jimholcomb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't quite do what I want using an alert profile, but it's put me on the right track using active script and the %FolderCurrent_BadTests% macro.

Thanks,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: