KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

udv_variables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabine

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: udv_variables Reply with quote

Hi,

manual says that i can use user defined variables for file/folder availability test. I want to look for a special file (filename ist stored in udv_inputfilename) but all i can use are date macros. I always get bad results even when I insert a file.

Configuration:
Alert when file doesn't exist.
Performed by Hostmonitor v6.80
Variable: udv_inputfilename (=da20070509123456.xml)
Path: D:\temp\backup\input\files\%udv_inputfilename%

What went wrong?

Regards
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: udv_variables Reply with quote

sabine wrote:
Variable: udv_inputfilename (=da20070509123456.xml)
Path: D:\temp\backup\input\files\%udv_inputfilename%

So, you have stored file name da20070509123456.xml into %udv_inputfilename% variable, right? Or you have stored template, like da%yyyymmdd%123456.xml ? Have you enabled "Translate macros" option for the "File Availability" test method? Sorry, I could not reproduce the proble. Everything works fine in our environment. Could you provide Remote Desktop or VNC access to the system, where HostMonitor is running?

P.S. If you setup udv_inputfilename using "User Defined Variables" Window (menu "Profiles" -> "Global Macro Variables"), you should remove "=" sign from "=da20070509123456.xml". Just type "da20070509123456.xml". Please note, you are using template for the yesterday date.

Regards,
Max
sabine

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i get this filename from a former test and defined it in menu "profiles" -> "global macro variables" like: %::DA_Input_File_Exists::FileName%. This works fine for all other macro variables i use.

Is it possible that the problem ist the DA_Input_File_Exists Test? It is located in an other folder.

Sorry, I can't give you remote controll, the Hostmon PC is placed in High Secure Network of our Comp.

regards
sabine
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
%::DA_Input_File_Exists::FileName%

UDV variable refers to result of another test? You cannot use such constructions as parameter of the test.

Regards
Alex
sabine

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not, I use such constructions successfully with shell script tests as well.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell Script and Active Script methods are special tests, they support all variables.
Why do you need such strange configuration?

Regards
Alex
sabine

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to monitor a full automated file transaktion between several computers (at night).

We don't know how the file is named, so it's easier for us to store the filename in a variable to trace every move/copy process of the file.

Is it possible to add udv_variables as results from other tests to File Availability Test of Hostmon in next version?

I think that would be a good idea.

regards,
sabine
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its low priority task.
If you are using some script that returns name of the file, probably you may use this script to create import file that will replace test settings using specified name of target file

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: