New macro variables for list view

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
mp1

New macro variables for list view

Post by mp1 »

Hi,

At first, thanks for the great new list view.

A few macro variables for the list view would be perfect:

%ListViewComment%
and the rest from the existing folder related variables

And what do you think from a folder structure for the list view, only for a clear view?

And another wish:

It would be perfect, if you could use the test realted macro variables for the file name (logs and reports)
F.e. We have about 200 tests and we want a html private log for every single test, therefore it would be greate if you could use variables for the filename (C:\%commentline1%.html)

Thanks in advance

Martin
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

%ListViewComment%
It does not have sense. Test item does not belong to some specific View, View does not contain test item, item may be be displayed by several views at the same time but next minute it will not be showed by any view and so on and so forth
It would be perfect, if you could use the test realted macro variables for the file name (logs and reports)
Reports? Report belongs to some folder and contains many test items. Which test item should be used to resolve variable?
It has sense for private logs only...

Regards
Alex
mp1

Post by mp1 »

It does not have sense. Test item does not belong to some specific View, View does not contain test item, item may be be displayed by several views at the same time but next minute it will not be showed by any view and so on and so forth
I have for every view an own report and in this reports I would like to refer to the view comment line or the view name.
It has sense for private logs only...
Could you maybe do this on your long long list? :wink:

Best regards and thanks for your always quick replies,

Martin
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I have for every view an own report and in this reports I would like to refer to the view comment line or the view name.
Oh, reports. Yes, it has sense. I created new medium priority task.
Variable for logs - low priority. Actually... I think it will be implemented when we implement templates, its a small part of big task.
Best regards and thanks for your always quick replies,
You are welcome :)

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Version 6.78 Beta: 2 new macro variables can be used in Custom HTML report template: %ViewName% and %ViewComment%
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/news.htm#v678

Regards
Alex