KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

File change test.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: File change test. Reply with quote

Hi.
I have a small problem of checking file changing. I try to check abend.log file on NetWare systems. It was used Text Log test for this. But for remote servers with low connection this test may lock file for changing while checking. This is why i cant use File Integrity test too. File Availability test have limitations for file time modifications but it will not alert if file was changed while it doesn't have access to server. In File Size test i must manually change parameter of file size after changing file. Is it possible to check file size or file date and time modification where alert will be executed if %Reply% not equal %LastReply%?
Thanks.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: File change test. Reply with quote

Dubolomov wrote:
Is it possible to check file size or file date and time modification where alert will be executed if %Reply% not equal %LastReply%?
You may setup a dependant test, that depends on expresion, like: ('::Parent_Test_Name::%Reply%'<>'::Parent_Test_Name::%LastReply%')
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#Master

Actually, I do not think, it is a good idea to change file size manually. I think, you may use "Schell Script" test method to figure it out. However, you should write appropriate script. You may use "dir filename" command to get information about certain file and parse it using "for " command. Also script should write "file size" into temporary file, and retrieve this information to compare with current file size on tne next iteration. You may try to write such script by yourself, in case you will fail, I may assist you. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkShell

Regards,
Max
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. But i found other solution. In File Size test i checked "Use normal status if" with '%Reply%'=='%LastReply%' condition. And option "Alert when size greater then" i set to 0 bytes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: