KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reports stating all BAD tests at specific time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reports stating all BAD tests at specific time Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have been trying to create a report that will be generated every morning at 07:00 hours which states all BAD test at that moment.

Our administrators are complaining that every morning they get a lot of incidents concerning BAD tests from Hostmonitor, which are probably processes and/or services which not came up after a nightly reboot. I would like to know which tests have a BAD status every morning so i can identify if there are any consistencies and so i can create action profiles (start service, send e-mail etc.) for these test so that our early morning administrators are not bothered withservices which not came up.

In Hostmonitor i can autogenerate reports with only the BAD tests, but only with autogenerate option from other reports (dashboard every 1 minute) . In Log analyzer i have reports which are scheduled every morning at 07:00 hours, but here i cannot find a way to only get all the bad tests at that time.

Is there a simple way to create a report in log analyzer with only BAD tests at a specific time?

Thanks in advance,

Gerhard
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reports stating all BAD tests at specific time Reply with quote

Gerhard wrote:
I have been trying to create a report that will be generated every morning at 07:00 hours which states all BAD test at that moment.
You may create action profile with "Generate reports" action and schedule it to run at 07:00 using built in Scheduler (Options > Scheduler). In Options > Reports window you should set up the HTML report with "Status filter" that allows to display only "Bad" statuses.

Gerhard wrote:
Our administrators are complaining that every morning they get a lot of incidents concerning BAD tests from Hostmonitor, which are probably processes and/or services which not came up after a nightly reboot. I would like to know which tests have a BAD status every morning so i can identify if there are any consistencies and so i can create action profiles (start service, send e-mail etc.) for these test so that our early morning administrators are not bothered withservices which not came up.
It is not completely clear for me. You just should take a look on the log file (Options > Log Settings) to figure out what tests were "Bad" at the certain period of time.

Gerhard wrote:
In Hostmonitor i can autogenerate reports with only the BAD tests, but only with autogenerate option from other reports (dashboard every 1 minute).
You may use Generate Reports action and built-in Scheduler as mentioned above.

Gerhard wrote:
In Log analyzer i have reports which are scheduled every morning at 07:00 hours, but here i cannot find a way to only get all the bad tests at that time.
Is there a simple way to create a report in log analyzer with only BAD tests at a specific time?
I do no think it is impossible in general case, but possible if you are using ODBC logging. In such case you may setup new profile within "ODBC logs manaher" and specify custom filter using "Add custom filter" option like: Status = 'Bad'. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#odbcManager
To make it work you should create LA script, that would load such ODBC profile using "Load Table" command and schedule this script to at 07:00 using HostMonitor's built in Scheduler. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#Scripts

Regards,
Max
Gerhard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,

You make it sound so simple that i am almost ashamed for asking, but you are very right if really was that SIMPLE. I have looked in de log files and filtered out the bad test at a certain time, so no need to create reports.

Again thanks a lot for your help

Gerhard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: