KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IP Tools Host Monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to IP Tools but I must say it seems like it has everything I will ever need. Great program!

I have a couple of web sites that I need to monitor to make sure they are up and running at all times. Is there a way to use the host monitor in IP Tools to automatically load when I re-start Windows XP so it will always be checking them? And is there also a way to have it search for a specific string in my index.php file to make sure it is running the right file on the sites? I use A1 Monitor for this presently, but IP Tools seems like it can do the job a lot easier and a lot cleaner.

Thank you for an excellent program and my registration is on the way!

KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you but don't hurry up with registration. If you need to monitor your servers, we have another much much more powerfull monitor. Please look at http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/index.htm
You can install "Advanced Host Monitor" as Win32 service, in this case system will load monitor before user logged in. Also it can retrieve file from your web site and check for specified string.

Regards
Alex
Zeus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took your advice and downloaded Host Monitor and was very impressed. It is so configurable that I may actually learn more about networking just by using it.

The only question I have is (and sorry if this sounds a little dumb on my part) does Host Monitor have everything IP-Tools does and more or would I be wise to register both of them?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Advanced Host Monitor does not have everything what has IP-Tools. However full license for Advanced Host Monitor includes license for IP-Tools. "Light" licenses for Advanced Host Monitor do not include license for IP-Tools. Please, look at http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm

Regards
Alex
Zeus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I will check that out. I would like to get both of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> IP-Tools All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: