KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Report that Graphs Free Drive Space Over Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Report that Graphs Free Drive Space Over Time Reply with quote

We monitor free drive space on a large number of servers.

For each server I want to be able to produce HTML pages that show a graph. The graph should shows the drive space trend over time.

Ideally the graph will show TOTAL SPACE and FREE SPACE ploted against the date over a period of up to three years.

I am fairly sure that Hostmonitor can not do this sort of thing out of the box.

However I think it can create log files that would include these data sets for each day, and update them going forward. I could in theory then use these data sets to create a graph with the relevant details.

Because there are so many servers I want to automate this process. I want each Graph for each server updated daily and published into different folders on the web server for access by different people.

I imagine that I could get some PHP or other language scripted to routinely analyse the data and produce the graph.

Does anybody have any experience doing anything like this and/or can they offer any pointers on how best to tackle the task.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor does not monitor total disk space (usually this is constant parameter), but it may monitor free drive space. Then you may use built-in scheduler to start Log Analyzer once a day and create graphs for each server.
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#Scripts

Regards
Alex
terje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scripting process looks close to ideal.

What I have is a number of folders each with Drive Space Tests. What I want is a chart of all the Drive Space Tests for each folder put in a specific report.

For example if we have two folders called "Sydney Servers" and "London Servers" we would end up with two seperate reports, each delivered to a different file location.

At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to have all the tests for each folder log to a separate log file. Then when each report is generated it should use a different profile to control the output destination.

Is there no way that reports can be filtered on Folder? Do I have to manually seperate out all the folders to separate logs?

In essence I am looking for some type of macro scripting where the specified folder can be sent as a parameter.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there no way that reports can be filtered on Folder? Do I have to manually seperate out all the folders to separate logs?

Yes, you have to separate logs. Log Analyzer doesn't know anything about folder structure because it analyzes log files only.
We plan to improve analyzing in future versions.

Regards
Alex
terje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that all that would really be required is:-

1. Logging of the folder name.
2. Reporting that can filter log files based on the folder.
lalalaRayAlex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Report that Graphs Free Drive Space Over Time Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
HostMonitor does not monitor total disk space (usually this is constant parameter), but it may monitor free drive space. Then you may use built-in scheduler to start Log Analyzer once a day and create graphs for each server.
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm
www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#Scripts

Regards
Alex

Hi, I have the similar problem about "Report that Graphs Free Drive Space Over Time," can you please tell me more details of how to use "built-in scheduler to start Log Analyzer once a day and create graphs for each server"?

[] = bar chart

[] [] []

1 min 2 min 3 min

Or

[] [] []

1 day 2 day 3 day
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly the problem?
- How to create script for Log Analyzer? Its described right here: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#Scripts
- How to setup scheduler? Its pretty simple http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#options.htm#SchedPage

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: