KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Time restricted test does not returns to regular work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then please read my previous answers and simply add 1 more action into profile

Regards
Alex
Gluk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that will work, but I didn't wanted to stop future notifications after the first alert.
If my profile set to notify some1 at the first time and, in case if after some time problem wasn't solved yet, it supposed to send "escalation" alert - that will not work in the way you proposed.
Btw, there are one more strange thing happens: when I use autoacknowledge - the good action of send mail, which is configured to be dependent on the "send mail" from the bad actions, sending mail always, even if no bad status mail was sent.

Regards,
Gluk.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If my profile set to notify some1 at the first time and, in case if after some time problem wasn't solved yet, it supposed to send "escalation" alert - that will not work in the way you proposed

Then "deffered action" option will not help you either. The only option that should work for you - Schedule assigned to the test
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm

Regards
Alex
Gluk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using schedule on the whole test will leave me without any info about what happened with that test during non-working hours.
Thats why I use schedule only on alerting action.
Unfortunately, in my view, it doesn't works according to action rules.
I think you need either fix that or, at least, explain me whats wrong in my understanding of the action rules and what is the logic behind its current behaviour.

And, what is about this issue that while I use autoacknowledge, action which supposed to send "good mail" and dependent on the "send bad mail", yes sending mail during time restriction interval, although no "bad mail" was sent?

Regards,
Gluk.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Using schedule on the whole test will leave me without any info about what happened with that test during non-working hours

You need 2 test items - one for statistics, another for alerts. Yes, its not nice solution. So we will improve HostMonitor.

Quote:
I think you need either fix that or, at least, explain me whats wrong in my understanding of the action rules and what is the logic behind its current behaviour

I told you 5 times, but you are not listening at all. Please read my previous posts.

Quote:
And, what is about this issue that while I use autoacknowledge, action which supposed to send "good mail" and dependent on the "send bad mail", yes sending mail during time restriction interval, although no "bad mail" was sent?

Here you probably right. This behaviour should be changed

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gluk wrote:
3. On 6am, "Time Restriction" supposed to trigger "Send Mail" action ON and after it detected 3 continious failures - it supposed to send mail.

From my point of view there are already 3 continuous failures done, therefore Mail should be send at 6am just when time schedule becomes active.

To the rest I agree. That is the way I'd like to have it too.
Gluk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From my point of view there are already 3 continuous failures done, therefore Mail should be send at 6am just when time schedule becomes active.

Thats true too but, action of sending alert was supposed to be stopped by "time restriction", so if each action dependent on the number of failed tests since it starts, it will only start counting failures at 6am.
Although for me it seems more logical to have all actions dependent on the single failures counter of the test and work according to it.

But the point is that according to any logic mail have to be sent and the fact is that it doesn't.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the point is that according to any logic mail have to be sent and the fact is that it doesn't.

I gave you examples when it should not work in your way. Also I said we will implement new option. Because both options/behaviour are necessary. Please read my previous answers.

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this feature may help:
Implemented since 7.00 Beta

Quote:
New feature: Deferred actions. "Time restriction" option allows you to suppress action execution depending on time of the day and/or day of the week. Additional "Deferred action" option tells HostMonitor to delay action execution if specified schedule does not allow immediate execution of the action. HostMonitor will execute action at the beginning of "allowed" time frame on condition that status of the test is identical to status that triggered alert.
Note1: If the same test triggers the same action several times within "restricted" time frame, HostMonitor will execute action just once at the beginning of "allowed" time frame.
Note2: When HostMonitor starts deferred (delayed) action, macro variables will be resolved with using of current (up to date) test status, current date and time, current status of HostMonitor, etc.
Note3: HostMonitor considers the following statuses as identical
- Bad = Bad contents = No answer
- Ok = Host is alive = Normal
- Unknown = Unknown host
Also "Warning" status can be considered as identical to "Bad" when "Treat Warning status as Bad" option of the test item is enabled. The same is true for "Unknown" and "Unknown host" statuses when "Treat Unknown status as Bad" option is enabled.

Juergen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: