KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Folder time zone setting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_nich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Folder time zone setting Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

This is something for the wish list. If this capability is already in the program I haven't found it yet.

I monitor over 30 computers that are all in a different time zone (1 other time zone) than my local Server on which HostMonitor is running.

It would be nice to be able to set the time zone for each folder so tests are time-stamped with the local time for that Server. I keep forgetting the time difference (only for part of the year) taking longer to analyze and understand problems the test results help me solve. When explaining reports and logs to customers I have to indicate that the time-stamp of tests are in my local time not their local time.

Thanks,
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added task into "to do" list. Medium priority

Regards
Alex
rob_nich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Folder time zone setting Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

What is the current status of this item?

Time zone differences are adding a worsening evel of complexity as I fine tune test scheduling for a narrow window. It's bad enough that time of tests of Event Log entries do not include the hosts local time but only the local hostmonitor's time. If you then add an extra hour time difference figuring out when things are happening at the host while looking at local time entries in Hostmonitor logs things get a bit complicated. Then the value of emailed reports to customer diminishes to about zero as the time discrepencies grow when host time changes by an hour. My time zone never changes but half my customers change an hour for half the year. This makes hostmonitor reports about worthless for 6 monts out of the year.

Can you increase the priority from meduim to extreemly-high and include a time-zone feature for me soon?

Either that or maybe just add a feature called "Add Host Time in Event Log tests in addition to local Hostmonitor time". This might be easier for you.

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks,
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, don't have good news for you yet
We are implementing some other options that were in a queue for a long long time... These options important to many customers as well

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: