KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

process test on a remote system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdvl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: process test on a remote system Reply with quote

I 've a problem with a process test on a remote system.
I know about the requirments for security and remote registry service. Let me explain my problem:

- HM box (win XP, HM 5.92) is logged on with user 'A'. (not as a service)
- user 'A' has no access on remote system (server 2003)
- process test is run under user 'B' on HM box
- user 'B' is admin on remote system.
=> test fails (and process list could not be build)

I made user 'A' temporarly admin on remote system and restart "remote registry service".
=> test is successfull

I remove user 'A' from the admin group on remote system
=> test succesfull (also after logoff and logon of HM box)

I restart "remote registry service"
=> test fails

I'm sure there are no other HM tests which use other credentials on the remote system.

I seems the logged on user on the HM box needs access on the remote system, instead of the used credentials for the process test.

I hope this is enough info ?

Regards,
Gert
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: process test on a remote system Reply with quote

gdvl wrote:
I seems the logged on user on the HM box needs access on the remote system, instead of the used credentials for the process test.

When HostMonitor is trying to perform Process test, at first it tries to use credentials of user specified in "Connect as" box. If attempt fails, it use credentials of logged in user in case HM is running as application and credentials of user specified in Options > Service tab in case of service.
Could you check Security Event Log on 2003 box to resolve, why user you have specified in "Connect as" box, was not able to login?

It is a simple explanation because HostMonitor uses Connection Manager also, if appropriate record is specified.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: