KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Host Monitor Sendmail - Time wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentroIT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using IP Tools v2.20
When Host Monitor sends an email alert via Sendmail.exe the timestamp on the message is out by 10 hours! The content of the Subject line that is added using the %DateTime% variable shows the correct time but the timestamp on the email is incorrect. We are in Melbourne Australia and the GMT+10 time zone but changing the timezone to GMT did not fix the problem. Sendmail is the version supplied with version 2.20 of IP Tools, version 0.04 beta.

Any ideas?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SendMail is old program and we considered it just as sample of external utility for HostMonitor. It works but does not support all options of the SMTP protocol.
Probably we should create new version of SendMail with more options. But on the other hand we already have much more powerful monitor (Advanced Host Monitor) that supports 36 different test methods and 25 alert methods...

Regards
Alex
sneader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Similar problem. Reply with quote

I have the same problem, using the latest version of AHM. I must have missed a configuration option somewhere in AHM, but I cannot find it. The AHM server, running Windows 2000 Server, has the correct date and time, and is set to Central Time Zone. The body of the alerts have the correct date and time. However, the timestamp on the e-mail itself is going out with GMT as the time zone, which is very confusing to the recipient. Any pointers? Thanks - Scott
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, the timestamp on the e-mail itself is going out with GMT as the time zone, which is very confusing to the recipient

Correct, HostMonitor uses date format like "Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:36:01 GMT" and this should not confuse mail client because such format complies with SMTP protocol specifications.
Probably you need to update your mail cleint?
BTW: Microsoft Outlook undestand such format.

BTW: This forum related to IP-Tools program. If you want to talk about Advanced Host Monitor, its better to use different forum.

Regards
Alex
sneader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex. Thanks for taking time to write, and I know this is wrong category, yet the problem sounded exactly the same.

On my old server, the message would arrive in my e-maill box like this:

-----------

To: yyy@yyy.com
Subject: xxx.xxx.com No answer
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:27:33 -0500

Test : xxx.xxx.com HTTP
Method: TCP (port - 80)

------------

On my new server, which I installed AHM from scratch (maybe I should have just copied, but I wanted to start fresh), I get it this way:

------------

To: yyy@yyy.com
Subject: xxx.xxx.com No answer
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:43:06 GMT

Test : xxx.xxx.com HTTP
Method: TCP (port - 80)

------------

I've not changed anything on the e-mail client. I am using the same SMTP server. The only thing that has changed is a newer version of AHM, and a newer server.

I was thinking maybe I missed a setting. Why is AHM sending the message out with a time stamp of GMT, when I have the server set up to use a time zone of CDT? I'm sure I've goofed something up.... any help would be appreciated.

- Scott
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On my old server, the message would arrive in my e-maill box like this: Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:27:33 -0500

I assume you have used very old version of HostMonitor, below 3.70

Quote:
Why is AHM sending the message out with a time stamp of GMT, when I have the server set up to use a time zone of CDT?

HostMonitor uses date format specified in RFC 822. If you mail client shows wrong date, please update the client.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> IP-Tools All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: