KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Why is DLL / Plug-in still there

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkusR2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Why is DLL / Plug-in still there Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

we just wonder how to integrate our custom tests into HM. One method I thought of was to write a plug-in DLL because I had seen this test method while browsing the UI in the past. At the second look we discovered that this test method listed but not active.

Can you tell me the reason why this test method is listed, nevertheless (I am just curious ).

Which test method would you recommend to implement Application tests which make a few subsequent HTTP transactions?

Thanks,

Markus
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Method still listed (in single list) because ID of the test method was reserved. Somebody could store test item in the list, so we cannot assign this ID to different test method or remove it.

I would recommend to use Shell Script test method.
Shell Script method combines the versatility of "External" and convenience of "Active Script" method. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkShell

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: