V 14.01: Errors when using 'Use warning status if'

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Kris

V 14.01: Errors when using 'Use warning status if'

Post by Kris »

Hi guys,

Just updated to 14.01

Several test that have a 'Use "Warning" status if..' setting now give errors like:

Invalid expression: ConditionEval: Unknown operator:
followed by the condition value itself.

These are Shell scripts, returning a value from the script, either a string or numeric value.

It happens with both string and numeric condition.
Maybe something changed in the syntax?

When I remove the 'Use warning' setting, the tests run fine, returning the actual value of the test.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We need to see expression and all data (e.g. if you are using variable %AverageReply% we need to know what is AverageReply is)

Regards
Alex
Kris

Post by Kris »

An actual test (not a ShellScript btw):

Windows Performance Counter (Exchange Queue size):
\MSExchangeTransport Queues(_total)\External Aggregate Delivery Queue Length (All External Queues)
--> The test returns a 2-decimal numeric value (e.g. 0.00 or 7.00 or whatever...)

Use warning if expression:
%SuggestedReply% > 0 and %SuggestedReply% < 10
--> Test status 'bad' after 10 fails

Test result:
13/07/2023 10:35:22 Exchange External Delivery Queue Length (PerfCounter) Unknown Invalid expression: ConditionEval: Unknown operator: "0,00" Perf Counter test (External Aggregate Delivery Queue Length (All External Queues))

If you need more info, just let me know :-)
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

1) you forgot to use "" or '' around %SuggestedReply%
This may work when Reply is correct number but in case of some problem Reply may return text, not a number, e.g. "Access is denied" error. So expression will not be processed

2) If your system is uses dot as decimal separator (0.00 and 7.00 in your sentence above) then 0,00 is not a valid number. That's why error raised.

In other words: use expression like ("%SuggestedReply%" > 0) and ("%SuggestedReply%" < 10)

Regards
Alex
Kris

Post by Kris »

Hi Alex,

Your solution works.
However, I'm still puzzled on how this has worked until the 14.01 update.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out once again... :wink:

Have a good one!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

This may work when Reply is correct number but in case of some problem Reply may return text, not a number, e.g. "Access is denied" error. So expression will not be processed
Kris

Post by Kris »

Ok ok. got it :-)

Suppose I have been lucky all the time for the test working with my dodgy use of syntax hehehehe
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I think that was the case ..

Regards
Alex