KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Registry testing for HKCU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkurfurst

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Registry testing for HKCU Reply with quote

Hello, We are trying to test a for a registry setting on a few computers under HKCU but it appears that i isn't reporting correctly for the user that is logged in

We are trying to test for the following key: HKCU\Control Panel\International\sShortDate is=to m/d/yyyy and does not report correctly for the user logged in. I am thinking that the service account that hostmonitor is using to do the Reg check for HKCU may be looking at the HM service account on the computer instead of the user that is actually logged in.
Am I correct in this assumption and if so is there another way around this to test the HKCU reg key under the actual user that is logged in.

Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Windows will provide data from registry branch that belongs to user specified for HostMonitor connection (in most cases that's account used for HostMonitor service, admin account).
Probably you can use HKEY_USERS?
like HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4313521782-35124654275-2156815098-1010\

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: