KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Getting UTC Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyj89

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Getting UTC Time Reply with quote

Hi there everyone this is my first time using KS Monitor and i am still new and i have a question.

I am running a test using SNMP Get and when it fails, it would execute a batch file. Is there any way for me to get the UTC time instead of my computer local time when sending this as a argument to my batch file?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are "Regional" settings offered by Folder Properties dialog (you may set time zone for folder where this test located)
Here you may specify GMT offset different from your local time zone and mark one or both options:
- Apply remote site time settings to GUI and reports
- Apply remote site time settings to schedules assigned to the tests and actions

"Apply remote site time settings to GUI and reports"
This option tells HostMonitor and RCC to display test properties (such as time when the test was last performed, creation time, modification time, time when test status was acknowledged, etc) using time of the specified region (time zone).
Note #1: By default descendant sub-folders inherit regional options from parent folder however you may set different time zone for each subfolder. Nevertheless HostMonitor/RCC applies the same time zone for all visible items using settings of the selected (parent / current) folder for entire list (view / report). "All visible items" may have the following meanings:
- all test items displayed when some Folder is selected
- all test items displayed by some View
- all test items included into report file
In other words: all test items included into view/report are displayed with the same time zone settings; HostMonitor uses time zone of the selected (parent/current) folder for entire view/report.
For example you create "USA" folder with "New-York" and "Seattle" subfolders (USA -> NewYork; USA -> Seattle) and set GMT -5 for USA and New-York, GMT -8 for Seattle. Then if you generate report for USA including subfolders (New-York and Seattle!), all test items within this report will use GMT -5 time zone. If you generate report for "Seattle" subfolder, test items within this report will use GMT -8 time offset.
This allows you to create similar sets of reports (the same list of folder and tests) using local time for one set and using remote time for another set of reports. You may create one empty folder and include 2nd folder with tests into this empty one using different regional settings for parent and descendant folders.
Note #2: "Apply remote site time settings to GUI and reports" option does not affect DBF reports; it works for Text, HTML, and WML reports.

"Apply remote site time settings to schedules assigned to the tests and actions"
This option tells HostMonitor to apply time restrictions (schedules) to tests and alerts execution using time of specific time zone. This allows you to apply the same schedule for test items used to monitor hosts around the world.
By default descendant sub-folders inherit regional options from parent folder however you may set different time zone for each subfolder.

There are special macro variables that allow you to use remote site time as parameters of the actions.

%GMTOffset_Local% - GMT offset (time zone) specified on local system
%GMTOffset_RemoteSite% - GMT offset (time zone) on remote site
%Date_RemoteSite% - Current date on remote site (shows the date using the format given by the ShortDateFormat Windows variable)
%Time_RemoteSite% - Current time on remote site (displays the time using the format given by the LongTimeFormat Windows variable)
%DateTime_RemoteSite% -Current date and time on remote site
%LastTestTime_RemoteSite% - Time when the test was last performed
%StatusChangedTime_RemoteSite% - The time when the status was last changed
etc

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: