KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Getting Old Date Events Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sainyam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Getting Old Date Events Alerts Reply with quote

Hello Alex,

On one server there was an issue related to BlackBerry services.
Which created thousands of events approx (ten events in a min continue two days)

We have resolved that issue, so no more events are created for that error.

But still HM alerts us for the events which were occurred two days before. Is there any way to make that test to check for the events from current date and time?

Secondly on this test, I am getting one "Unknown" and then one "Error Event log Alert (Bad)" in an Arithmetic Sequence.

When its Unknown I checked the reply

Sometimes its "Timed Out" and Sometime its " RMA 301 System Error code 3 or 5"
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But still HM alerts us for the events which were occurred two days before. Is there any way to make that test to check for the events from current date and time?

Probably you are using "Report about all events" option?
Switch it to "Report about last Bad/Good event"

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When its Unknown I checked the reply
Sometimes its "Timed Out" and Sometime its " RMA 301 System Error code 3 or 5"

Windows error code #5 means "Access is denied". You may check security event log on target system, probably you will find some explanation...

Windows error code #3 means "The system cannot find the path specified".
May be something does not work correctly on that system

Are you using this agent to check event log on local system (system where RMA is running)? Remote system?
What Windows is installed on RMA and taget systems?
Service Pack?
RMA version?
Do you have installed some antivirus monitors, personal firewall, content monitoring software? Non stanard winsock components?

Regards
Alex
Sainyam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:

Probably you are using "Report about all events" option?
Switch it to "Report about last Bad/Good event"

Regards
Alex

Hello Alex,

If I would switch to "Report about last Bad/Good event", then it does not trigger the alerts on every error. I had tried that, Suppose if three errors occurs at same time then it would probably alerts only the last one. Am right?

If yes then it is not a good option for us.
Sainyam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alex,

Sorry I had accidentally written the wrong code it is "RMA - 301 System error. Code 87".

This is a remote computer which is monitored by RMA agent installed on a different server within same network.

OS is Windows Server 2008 r2.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I would switch to "Report about last Bad/Good event", then it does not trigger the alerts on every error. I had tried that, Suppose if three errors occurs at same time then it would probably alerts only the last one. Am right?
If yes then it is not a good option for us.

Then what exactly do you need?
Start actions on every new event? E.g. If 3 events were added between 2 consecutive test probes, you want to receive 3 alerts? Then use "Report about all events" mode.
If sometimes you are tired of all these alerts, you may stop alerts using "acknowledgement" option.
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#ack

Quote:
Sorry I had accidentally written the wrong code it is "RMA - 301 System error. Code 87"

Error code 87 means - The parameter is incorrect.
There is no clear explanation of this code in Microsoft manuals and its hard to investigate such problems
If RMA sometimes returns this error but then returns Ok or Bad test status (after next test probe), then it should be able to see all events. It should not miss events due to previous test probe error...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: