KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Only report when 2 seperate tests fail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nedmobiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Only report when 2 seperate tests fail Reply with quote

We want to test if our internet connection is working. To test this we want to use 2 url tests, one to www.microsoft.com and one to www.google.com. We only want an internet connection failed alert when both tests fail.

Is it possible to only alert when 2 specific tests both fail?

How can we set this up?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to start alert when both servers do not respond, use "advanced" mode for the action and condition like ('%::TestA::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and ('%::TestB::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1)

Regards
Alex
Nedmobiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
If you want to start alert when both servers do not respond, use "advanced" mode for the action and condition like ('%::TestA::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and ('%::TestB::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1)

Regards
Alex

Thanks Alex, but I don't have it working yet. My line is:

('%::Internet verbinding test 1::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and ('%::Internet verbinding test 2::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1)

I have put this line in the advanced mode of the first test (Internet verbinding test 1). For the second test, have put the alert profile on "do nothing".

There must be something wrong because no email is sent when I force both tests to Status = No answer.

Any ideas?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have put this line in the advanced mode of the first test (Internet verbinding test 1). For the second test, have put the alert profile on "do nothing".

Yes, this is wrong.
You should use the same action for both tests

Regards
Alex
Nedmobiel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that did the trick.

Did some testing and it worked. Only thing is, sometimes the first test generates an alert and sometimes the second one. But thats just how it works I guess. Would be nice to have a general alert that does not mention test 1 or 2, but just says "Internet connection down"
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would be nice to have a general alert that does not mention test 1 or 2, but just says "Internet connection down"

It can say anything you want (unless you are using "show popup window" action).
What exactly action do you use?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: