KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Watchdog not able to perform actions as service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAIC-WL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Watchdog not able to perform actions as service Reply with quote

Hello,

I installed Watchdog on a system as a service. When it is running as an application it is able to run external programs, such as notepad.exe (for example).
However, when I have it running as a service and purposefully shut the HostMonitor it is watching down, it doesn't run the program for a while, eventually displaying the following message:
"Interactive Services Detection"
A program on this computer is trying to display a message.
etc.
View message
Ask Later"

When I installed the service, it did say that because I was running Windows 7 the service would not be able to interact with the desktop, or something to that effect.

Is there any way around this? Eventually I would like it to send me an email whenever HM goes down, but if it can't even run notepad without a prompt.

Thanks in advance,
Zach B
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I installed the service, it did say that because I was running Windows 7 the service would not be able to interact with the desktop, or something to that effect.

Correct, that's how new Windows works.
You may start external program that does not interact with desktop (some command line utility). Also you may start interactive program using SW_HIDE mode for the action (but program will not be able to interact with desktop anyway).

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: