KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RCC with Hostmonitor on Windows 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarobhr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: RCC with Hostmonitor on Windows 2008 Reply with quote

in the past i have run hostmonitor on my 2003 server with hostmonitor open (as service) on a third monitor. and then use RCC from a remote site.

now that i am on a windows 2008 server i can no longer access the local HM without using RCC. which takes up the license and i can no longer use the RCC from my remote office.

is there a work around for this, or is it possble to make it so if using RCC to access HM on the local machine it doesnt take a license.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Windows Vista+ does not allow services to interact with desktop
That's why HostMonitor started on Windows Vista+ allows to use 1 local RCC connection even for Lite and Standard license owners.

Quote:
is it possble to make it so if using RCC to access HM on the local machine it doesnt take a license

Probably we can do this in future versions...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: