KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

License problem on upgrade from 8.60 to v8.64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: License problem on upgrade from 8.60 to v8.64 Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I've tried upgrading from 8.60 to 8.64 but upon launching 8.64 a message was displayed saying that my license code is old and can't be used for 8.64, which I thought was odd as our license has been a life-time one. I've then re-entered the license keys in again and restarted HostMonitor but unfortunately with the problem hasn't gone away.

I've finally reapplied 8.60, which is working without the license limitation.

Please can you advise whether there is any known problem with the way 8.64 interprets the license code?

Thanks,
Jan
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send license related questions to sales@ks-soft.net.

BTW: normally HostMonitor should check your registration codes and warn you when you need new codes BEFORE actual update, unless you have disabled "Update check" option that is located on Misc page in the Options dialog. In such case you may use menu Help->Update check to verify license before update.

Regards
Alex
janp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Alex.

HostMonitor apparently did advise me that I'm eligible to upgrade prior to it and pointed me to the download, hence it was surprising to see that it switched to the evaluation version after the upgrade.

I've meanwhile received an updated registration code from sales@ks-soft.net, which will hopefully resolve the hick up.

Thank you again for your quick reaction and for having forwarded my message to your colleague in sales.

Cheers, Jan
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same dialog window shows you information regarding available update and checks if your registration codes valid for this version.

There are no bugs. You may install old version, apply old registration codes and click "Update check" menu item. I am sure it will tell you that you need new registration codes.
If I am wrong, please send screen shot to us.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: