KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New color in Systray

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: New color in Systray Reply with quote

I know that sounds sort of silly, but here is the situation:

I use this tool to monitor, among other things, the status of a number of printers. If one of the printers goes down, the systray icon turns red. This is great.

But once I see that the printer is down, I'd like to acknowledge that fact and then have the systray color turn to something else (yellow, perhaps).

Otherwise, I will simply ignore the red icon in the systray thinking that only the printer is down. but if something else goes down, I won't know because it's already red. But if that test failure were "acknowledged" and the icon turned yellow, any additional test failures would turn it back to red and grab my attention. Or if it comes back up, it will turn back to blue.

And I don't want to disable the original (failed test) because then I won't know when the printer comes back on line...

Does that makes sense? Is that clear?

Thanks for a great product!

Mike
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But once I see that the printer is down, I'd like to acknowledge that fact and then have the systray color turn to something else (yellow, perhaps).
Otherwise, I will simply ignore the red icon in the systray thinking that only the printer is down. but if something else goes down, I won't know because it's already red. But if that test failure were "acknowledged" and the icon turned yellow, any additional test failures would turn it back to red and grab my attention. Or if it comes back up, it will turn back to blue.

Well, HostMonitor works exactly this way. Except it uses "purple on blue" icon for "bad acknowledged" test items. Yellow icon used for Unknown test items (if "Treat Unknown as Bad" test option is disabled)

Regards
Alex
MikeB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, THAT's why this is such a great app, because you've already thought of it!

Which version did that feature come in with, cuz I'm not seeing it though my version may be pretty far out of date at this point...

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See, THAT's why this is such a great app, because you've already thought of it!

Thank you

Quote:
Which version did that feature come in with, cuz I'm not seeing it though my version may be pretty far out of date at this point...

It was implemented in version 5.22
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/news5.htm#v522

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: