KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cat not start service:RMAservice‧

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ybydjjz

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

Hello,While I install RMA for windows.
I need Performance Counter service so I chose user account and passowrd.
but after installing.It appears」「
cat not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure.」--Dose any one know how to solve it,thanks a lot~~
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

ybydjjz wrote:
Hello,While I install RMA for windows.
I need Performance Counter service so I chose user account and passowrd.
Where did you choose user account and passowrd?
Do you use RMAInstaller utility? What exact RMA are you trying to install? Active? Passive?
ybydjjz wrote:
but after installing.It appears」「
cat not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure.」--Dose any one know how to solve it,thanks a lot~~
Looks like you have specified wrong account for RMA service. You may start standard Windows "Services" applet on remote machine and provide proper username/password for "KS Remote Monitoring Agent" service.

Regards,
Max
ybydjjz

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

I setup passive RMA.When I apply-active-install and I key user account :administrator password:123 (local machine)
thne it appearscat not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure.After that I try to use RMAInstaller utility and it shows Cannot create service service already exists
Is there a sop to intall windows Performance Count?
thank u MAX......
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

ybydjjz wrote:
I setup passive RMA.When I apply-active-install and I key user account :administrator password:123 (local machine)
If you install RMA on local machine, you may use rma_cfg.exe utility. You do not need rmainstaller.exe. If you want to install RMA on remote machine, please provide username password that is applicable for remote machine, not local.

ybydjjz wrote:
thne it appearscat not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure.After that I try to use RMAInstaller utility and it shows Cannot create service service already exists
As for me, pretty informative messages. Don't you think? Service cannot be started because of wrong credentials. Service is already esists, so you may go to standard Windows "Services" applet and change usernae/password for "KS Remote Monitoring Agent" service. If you prefer to use rmainstaller utility, please use -uninstall key and try to install service again.

ybydjjz wrote:
Is there a sop to intall windows Performance Count?
What is sop? Performance Counters is Microsoft Windows technology and it is already present on each Windows machine. If you need to check some performance counter, please use "Performace Counter" test method: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#perfcounter
Otherwise please explain what do you need more carefully. I'm not sure I understand what are you going to achieve.

Regards,
Max
ybydjjz

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

HA,My English is not very well.So forgive my strange wording.....
I repeat my question
My purpose is to to check remote systems (E.g. CPU Usage, Performance Counter, Service, Process, UNC and NT Event Log test methods).
1.I copy RMA-Win document to remote systems
2.I execute rma_cfg.exe and set up passive RMA
3.After I apply、active、install user account:administrator password:123
(here is remote system user and passowrd).
4.then it appears
not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure

SOP i mean Standard Operating Procedure.3q
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: cat not start service:RMAservice‧ Reply with quote

ybydjjz wrote:
My purpose is to to check remote systems (E.g. CPU Usage, Performance Counter, Service, Process, UNC and NT Event Log test methods).
Ok, good.

ybydjjz wrote:
1.I copy RMA-Win document to remote systems
Good.

ybydjjz wrote:
2.I execute rma_cfg.exe and set up passive RMA
3.After I apply、active、install user account:administrator password:123
(here is remote system user and passowrd).
So, what RMA do you use? Active or passive? It's two different agents. Do you need passive or active? Please read the difference here: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#passiveORactive
I understand, that you set up passive RMA. But what does it mean "After I apply、active、install user...."?

ybydjjz wrote:
4.then it appears
not start service:RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure
Do you see this error when you click on some button in rma_cfg.exe utility? Or somewhere else? Actually, I write the following for the third time in this post: Go to standard Windows "Services" applet (Start -> Programs -> Administratove Tools -> Services) and play with logon credentials for "KS Remote Monitoring Agent" service. If you use active RMA, service is called "KS Active Remote Monitoring Agent". Do you see any of this services in the list? Please note: you should login under admin in order to install service. It means you should login with admin privileges and start rma_cfg.exe utility in order to install/deinstall RMA service.

Actually, I would suggest you to start RMA as an application, ensure everything works properly and after that install it as a service.

Please, read the following article for details: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#Settings

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Looks like I understand your point of view.
So, you setup passive RMA in rma_cfg.exe and click "Apply" button, right?
After that, you click on "Activate" button, right? Please take a look, it's "Activate" button, not "Active" as you described in your previous post. "Activate" button starts RMA in application mode. If you want to start in as a service, you do not need to click on "Activate"button.
After that, you click on "Install" button, right? "Service" option window appears in front of you, right?
After that, you entered username and password and clicked "Install", right? And you got "RMAservice‧The service did not start due to a logon failure". It means you provided wrong password. There should not be password you specified in rma_cfg utility. You have to specify real username and password registered on your system. We recommend to start RMA under admin account. So, you may specify any user that is member of "Administrators" or "Domain Admins" group.

Regards,
Max
ybydjjz

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,
Thank your help.It`s kind of you to help me.
After I specify remote administrator and password,
I can start passive RMA in remote system as a service.
After that,I add Test properties in hostmonitor.

TEST METHOD:Performance Counter
While I chose remote system counter to monitor .It appears "cat not connect remote computer counter"
Maybe it is permission problem with counter.
I dont know how to solve it......

Regards,
ybydjjz
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you request Performance Counter from the same system where RMA is installed? Another system but the same network where RMA is installed? Different system in different network?
If you are checking "non local" system, have you specified user name and password using "Connect as" test property or Connection Manager?
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#conmgr

Regards
Alex
ybydjjz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,
After I change KS Remote Monitoring Agent "Login Id" to "Local System".
Then It works.
And I do not use Connection Manager.......
3Q ALL
Regards,
ybydjjz
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome!

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After I change KS Remote Monitoring Agent "Login Id" to "Local System".
Then It works.

It should work for local system but agent will not be able to check any remote system using CPU Usage, Process, Service, NT Event Log, Performance Counter, Dominant Process test method.
If you start service using admin rights and provide correct account information using Connection Manager, RMA will be able to check local and remote systems

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: