KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Customize private html log?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Customize private html log? Reply with quote

Hi,

It would be great, if there would be a possibility to customize the private html log like you can do this in reports.

Or reports with the log feature?

Regards,

Martin
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you want to record some additional info into the private log? I am afraid, it is impossible. The workaround is to use "ODBC logging". You may specify a particular variable, e.g. %TestName% as a Table name in "SQL query" and HostMonitor will write test info into different tables for different tests. For instance, you may try the following SQL query:
Code:
INSERT INTO %TestName% (EventTime,TestName,Status,Reply,TestId,TestMethod) VALUES ('%DateTime%','%TestName%','%Status%','%Reply%',%TestId%,'%TestMethod%')

Also you may use "Custom report" to achieve your goal: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#CustomHTML

Regards,
Max
mp1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Max,

Thanks for the quick reply.
We already use ODBC logging for our primary log.

Also with a custom report, you can't gemerate a log - or?

In our case, we only want to customize the look and feel, the html header, the colors and so - like custom reports

Regards,

Martin
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using static log file, you may manually change header.
However I do not think its a good idea to customize log files. Purpose of the log - store data that is necessary for analyzing. If you make too many changes, Log Analyzer will not be able to work with file

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp1 wrote:
We already use ODBC logging for our primary log.
You may use "Backup Log" also.

mp1 wrote:
Also with a custom report, you can't gemerate a log - or?
No, it cannot generate a log, but it is pretty configurable.

mp1 wrote:
In our case, we only want to customize the look and feel, the html header, the colors and so - like custom reports
Sorry, there is no such an option.

Regards,
Max
mp1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am just come up again to this wish:

We use many private html log files, it would be great if you could customize the look and feel of the html logs.

I would like to see a possibility to change the logging order, so that new entries will be come up first. (sort by event time - ascending/descending)

Best regards and a happy new year

Martin
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We use many private html log files, it would be great if you could customize the look and feel of the html logs.

Well, you may use "Execute external program" action and some simple script (even BAT file) to maintain any text-html log you want.

Quote:
I would like to see a possibility to change the logging order, so that new entries will be come up first. (sort by event time - ascending/descending)

Do you know why nobody in the world do this (at least with large log files)? Because everytime you need to add single record, entire file should be rewritten! Now imagine: move 1GB of data on hard drive after each test, e.g. read and write 20GB per second (20 tests per second). Is that possiblle?

If you have such needs, I would recommend to use ODBC log and create logs and reports by operator request only (using some home made scripts, stored procedures, etc).

Regards
Alex
mp1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you know why nobody in the world do this (at least with large log files)? Because everytime you need to add single record, entire file should be rewritten! Now imagine: move 1GB of data on hard drive after each test, e.g. read and write 20GB per second (20 tests per second). Is that possiblle?

I think, nobody will have a html log file with 1 gb, for this you have the dbf log. We use the html log only for some statistics, there will be only an entry once an hour or once a day.

I will try it with custom reports an the log analyzer.

Happy new year to all and ony the best ...

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: