KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Great prodcut, great price, great support. One suggestion:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhat64

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Great prodcut, great price, great support. One suggestion: Reply with quote

I think this was, in part, the intent with your announcements area, but I'd really love to see a place on your website that tells us what we can look forward to, not just for the next release, but lays out a roadmap encompassing all the current priorities and when we can expect to see them.

I know dates and priorities change, and since you have been very dynamic in your response to your userbase I envision a list where things appear and float up/down, as well as a sidebar for 'tabled' enhancements that haven't made it on the calendar, or fall off the calendar for various reasons, which could be briefly explained. You could even format it to allow viewers to vote for their favorite, helping to prioritize the list.

And what a selling point, demonstrating the excellent responsiveness that everyone who owns the product already knows. It would also act as a staging area for the features descriptions used once a product is released.

How cool is that?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this would be cool. However I doubt this would be really useful. Only about 10% of our customers registered on this forum and most of them visit this forum only when they have some problems or questions. About 98% of them had single(!) question. How many "active" customers visit this forum on regular basis and push as to implement more and more options? 20, including you? 0.1%

Yes, we appreciate everyone who tell us what "real" admins need for their work and often we implement options that are necessary for single customer (as we think) but I am not sure "real-time" roadmap will be that helpful. We can vote for this option in "Whish list" forum. I will post some our ideas in "Whish list" forum as well.

Regards
Alex
greyhat64

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it was just a suggestion. You are so responsive to the needs of your users you might not see it as necessary. It's just that I've seen this methodology used in other environments, creating a dynamic feedback mechanism that helped give shape to the evolution of the product like no other I've seen before.

I look forward to seeing the results of the vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> References & Opinions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: