KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multitech Multimodem EDGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabine

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Multitech Multimodem EDGE Reply with quote

Hi,

We use MultiModem EDGE (Wireless Modem MTCBA-E) from MultiTech Systems (it seems to have included a Siemens MC75 Chipset).

We are not able to send SMS with the default drivers included in Hostmon. If we for example use the siemens tc35 driver I receive around 3 or 4 sms with only pieces of the message in it..

We are able to send SMS from a HyperTerminal session.

To send SMS we use the following commands:

Code:
AT+CMGS="TelNumber", 129

after this we have to wait for the > character
then you can enter the text
after the text you have to send Ctrl-z and Return for sending the message.

Details under:
http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/Collateral/manuals/S000371B.pdf

Is it possible to somehow send SMS messages with hostmon using this modem?

regards,
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Multitech Multimodem EDGE Reply with quote

sabine wrote:
We use MultiModem EDGE (Wireless Modem MTCBA-E) from MultiTech Systems (it seems to have included a Siemens MC75 Chipset).
Hm. We exactly know, that some of our customers successfully use MultiTech modem (MTCBA-G-F1-EU). I do not think, there is a great difference in AT commands between MTCBA-E and MTCBA-G modems.

sabine wrote:
We are not able to send SMS with the default drivers included in Hostmon. If we for example use the siemens tc35 driver I receive around 3 or 4 sms with only pieces of the message in it..
Actually, some GSM modems requires SMS service center number before the PDU encoded data. It may depend on the modem type and even on firmware number. Siemens support several models with different modem type. You may try Siemens M35 modem type and Siemens M1. Such types have different GSM emulation.
BTW. Are you trying to seng long message? Please note: If a message is longer than 160 characters, HostMonitor will split the message and send several SMS to the recipient. If this is not really necessary, we recommend using compact mail templates for "Send SMS (GSM)" action.

You may try to use "undocumented" option SMS_MaxMsgLength. "Undocumented" means that the option is not accessible thru GUI. If you want to change max length of SMS messages, you should add "SMS_MaxMsgLength=<size>" line into [Misc] section of hostmon.ini file (<size> is a number between 40 and 4096, e.g. SMS_MaxMsgLength=155). Option is available since version 6.74

sabine wrote:
Is it possible to somehow send SMS messages with hostmon using this modem?
I think, it is possible. You just should setup the settings properly. What exact errors do you see in "SMS log"? Could you send the [GSM] section from hostmon.ini file to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you try the following setings? These settings work fine with Multitech Modem (MTCBA-G series):

BaudRate: 19200
ModemType: Nokia6650
Mode: PDU

Regards,
Max
sabine

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: tried out but didn't work Reply with quote

We tried the suggested settings but did not work, is it possible that theres a special initializing string that the modem has to receive or something like that? We tried the modem with an other monitoring software (without initializing string) and we had no problems with it.

regards,
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have sent you the test program, that should help us to resolve the problem. Did you receive my letter?

Regards,
Max
sabine

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it to work by setting back to manufacturer defaults and configuring the modem per Hyperterminal with AT commands, baud rate 19200, PDU Mode and TC35 template (PIN required and servicenummer in international format).

Thanks for support!

regards,
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabine wrote:
I finally got it to work by setting back to manufacturer defaults and configuring the modem per Hyperterminal with AT commands, baud rate 19200, PDU Mode and TC35 template (PIN required and servicenummer in international format).
Great! Glad it works. Thank you for the feedback.

sabine wrote:
Thanks for support!

You are welcome.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: