KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

log file consolidator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looked at the product overview and I got a different impression. You have clarified a few things and so I agree it is time to play with the software and get a deeper insight. Thanks for your persistence and help.
otip

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I know I am exhumating a old fossil here but I am still new with the product. Sorry if my question has alredy been answered.

I have seen that we can consolidate data with such ideas :
Quote:
What would be ideal would be to execute a program that went through a specified log file and based on some parameters could do things such as the following:-

Quote:
For all data more than 12 weeks old, then replace all logs for each week with the average for that week. (Set time for represenative average as 12 noon Monday).

Quote:
For all data more than 90 days old, then for each day keep only the peak value for that day and purge other entries.

Quote:
For all data more than 21 days old, then for each day keep only the first log entry after 4pm.

Quote:
For all data more than 1000 days old then purge that data.

Although it seems to be possible only for html files.
Is there a way to process the data in a SQL DB ?

Example : For all data more than 12 weeks old, then replace all logs for each week with the average for that week. (Set time for represenative average as 12 noon Monday).

Thanks.[/quote]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log Analyzer and Log Visualizer can retrieve data from ODBC source but these applications do not modify database.
You can easily create your own stored procedure that will modify database just as you like and start procedure on schedule.

Regards
Alex
DmitryMJA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: log file consolidator Reply with quote

The following log filename works fine in a script, with the actual date and time included as part of the filename:
log verbose append:E:BackupLog_E_date_fn_time_.txt

I then used the same syntax in the main Beyond Compare program Tools/Options/Log to generate a new log file each day with a unique filename:
"C:TempTemp_BC3BcLogTrace_date_.txt"

Unfortunately the actual date does not appear in the filename, instead the log filename is simply
BcLogTrace_date_.txt
Can the actual date be part of the log filename and a unique new log file generated each day?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets start from begining - what software do you use?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: