Stop 'bad' message from sending over and over

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Joe-Vis

Stop 'bad' message from sending over and over

Post by Joe-Vis »

Is there a way to stop the 'bad' message from going out over and over when the problem is not fixed. For example, we are having a WAN problem right now where the pings are failing most of the time, but we may get a few back occasionally. That resets the recurrences counter so when the bad status recurres x number of times we get another bad message. We never got a good message because it was never up long enough to be considered good. I know you can set the good message to only be sent if a bad message was sent but cannot find something that would be more or less the reverse of that. example....Dont send me another bad message unless you have sent me a good message.

Thanks
Joe
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I know you can set the good message to only be sent if a bad message was sent but cannot find something that would be more or less the reverse of that
HostMonitor does not provide such option. Usually "bad" actions more important then "good" one...
As I understand simply "Test: Pause" function is not good enogh in your case. Right?

What about "advanced mode" action and expression like ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1) and (%PreviousStatusDuration_Sec% > 600)?
Action will be started when test status changes to "bad" and pevious status (good or unknown) was not changed for 10 or more minutes

Regards
Alex