KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Installing Hostmon to run as service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgoodman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Installing Hostmon to run as service Reply with quote

I did this on our previous server and cannot figure out what I am missing. After 4 installs and uninstalls on this new server I am trying to setup (Windows 2003), I figured I better ask because I am getting no where.

I install hostmon from the download, version 5.92 I believe, host-mon.exe /InstallService, the program installs fine but no service. Has anyone had this problem? Is it possible something was missed in this latest install package? I seen somewhere in a post but cannot locate it again that said when it's done installing it will actually tell you it's been installed and the service has been installed. I get no message when it's done about the service being installed.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Yoorix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Installing Hostmon to run as service Reply with quote

dgoodman wrote:
I install hostmon from the download, version 5.92 I believe, host-mon.exe /InstallService, the program installs fine but no service.

host-mon.exe unpacks and installs HM application. To install service, you should go to HM folder and run hostmon.exe /InstallService. Thats all.

Regards,
Yoorix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: