KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

hostmonitor for compaq server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozaron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: hostmonitor for compaq server Reply with quote

Hello,
I'am a French student doing a workplacement in a French firm. My workplacement consists in the implementation of a network-supervision software tool.
I have tried 2 solutions : Nagios and Hostmonitor (because of their low prices).
During the test I noticed that Hostmonitor presents some similarities with Nagios and I would like to know if you use some code of Nagios ?
The test must be completed next week so that my tutor will decide wich software will be used, nevertheless I have a problem with snmp management. I can't manage a compaq proliant ML570 because I can't found compaq Mib. Can I manage the compaq server with snmp without compaq Mib ? (I need to know with snmp protocol when a raid disk is down) ?
If not, do you now where I can find this Mib?
Thank you
Yoorix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: hostmonitor for compaq server Reply with quote

ozaron wrote:
During the test I noticed that Hostmonitor presents some similarities with Nagios and I would like to know if you use some code of Nagios ?

Nope. HM uses its own code.

ozaron wrote:
I can't manage a compaq proliant ML570 because I can't found compaq Mib.If not, do you now where I can find this Mib?

I think, you can use http://www.google.com to find everithing.
Regarding MIBs, take a look at this :
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/11001.html
It might help.

Regards,
Yoorix
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link might be useful as well http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/vendor_index.cgi?r=compaq&id=131511

Regards
Alex
ozaron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Tanks for your answers, I continuous to test hostmonitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: