KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Again: reset teststatus at a specific time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.Bost.EBV

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Again: reset teststatus at a specific time Reply with quote

The problems is not realy a problem any more ( http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1768 ), but when I implemented a HM-Script in our HM I found the following:

for testing I have a ping-test, that is executed every 10 seconds. Ping-test is running and the result will bee "bad" because there is nobody answering to the ping. The timeout for the test is set to 2 seconds. When I start the HM-Script manual while the ping-test is in progress the "ResetRecurrencesTest _AllBad" does not reset the counter of the ping-test, so the situation that this specific test is still "bad" is not reported. I think the same thing will happen, when the script is scheduled (I do that at 6.00 am) and there is a test in progress. I know this is a very special situation, but if so, HM is not reliabel in this situation because the "bad"-state is not reported.

We are running HM enterprise version 5.34

Thank you for a very good program and
Best regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be corrected in next version

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: