KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NT Log

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdeal

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: NT Log Reply with quote

Maybe there is a way to do this that I do not know about, but I want to record every bad event into the HM log when using the NT Log check. I set the logging mode to "reply" and this works, the only problem is it also records every good event because it returns a different reply in the form of round trip time similar to the ping test.

The "Text Log" test works exactly the way I would like the "NTLog" test to work. If the test is good (or no new events in the log) the reply is "blank" so nothing is recorded in the HM log after the first "good" test. Is there anyway I can get the NTLog to work this way?? If not, can this be changed?? I see no need in getting a "120ms type reply" with each good check of the NTLog.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may disable "common" and "private" logs for the test item, then add "Record HM log" action into action profile assigned to the test.
"Advanced" mode allows you to start action under various conditions, e.g. condition may look like ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and ('%Reply%'<>'%LastReply%')

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now I am really confused. I tried what you said and here is the result:

Disabled Common and private Log. Created an Action Profile under "Bad Status" in advanced mode to "record into HM Log". Expression = '%SimpleStatus%'='%Bad%' - Add record to common log.

When I view the quick log, it logs every bad and good record, which is not the result I wanted. But, I also cannot find any of the records for that test using the Log Analyzer or in the ODBC log.

Also, does the Action Profile (Record into HM Log) log to the ODBC log? If not, is there a way to do this in an action profile?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you want to write records into ODBC log? In this case you should use "SQL Query" action method

Regards
Alex
cdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, you want to write records into ODBC log? In this case you should use "SQL Query" action method

Ok, I will check out that feature, but do you know why it logs good and bad results with it setup like I mentioned above???
[/quote]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because "Quick Log" is not a log file.
"Record HM Log" action records information into log file (HTML, Text, DBF), while "Quick Log" stores latest information in the memory.

Regards
Alex
cdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you were right. I was looking at the quick log. I thought that was also being written to the SQL log .

Also, the "SQL Query" action method did the trick.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: