Cannot get script results while running multiple tests

Remote Monitoring Agent for Linux, FreeBSD, and other UNIX-like platforms.
r3boot

Cannot get script results while running multiple tests

Post by r3boot »

Currently I've got a couple of linux systems under the monitoring hood. Per system we've got approx 10 tests. Sometimes though, I get an error 301, "Cannot get script results" on random systems/tests (only with the linux-rma) and I'm not quite shure where these are coming from. Am I running into some concurrency limit on the rma side, or is something else underpowered that's causing tests to give this error. Usually refreshing the test will show the correct status, nor is this (yet) triggering any action.

edit:
Some further analysis shows that I get the 301's mostly with one specific process check. The logs show that on average 80% of the tests fail with this error :/ Other process checks however have much better fail-rates, showing only 5~10% of the tests as 301's. If you need specifics about this test let me know.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What version of the Linux do you use?
RMA version? 1.0?

Regards
Alex
r3boot

Post by r3boot »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy :)

We're running RMA-1.00 agents on RHEL AS 4 and Debian Sarge. Both platforms give this kind of behaviour.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I think problem relates to getpid function that retuns thread ID on some UNIX versions and returns process ID in other implementations. That's why we are using slightly different code for Linux, Sun, FreeBSD...
I think we make some changes in the code next week.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you please try this update www.ks-soft.net/download/rma101lin.tgz

Regards
Alex