KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

email private log using macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vidyagana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: email private log using macros Reply with quote

I have setup a task which will email me the results of a diskspacetest everyday. While setting up I configured the private log as c:\hostmonitor\diskspacecdrive.htm
While setting up the email, I have attached the file as
c:\hostmonitor\%PrivateLog%. I received the email but it says that it cannot find the attachment c:\hostmonitor\%PrivateLog%. How should I configure such that the PrivateLog file is emailed to me as an attachment?

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If private log == c:\hostmonitor\diskspacecdrive.htm,
then c:\hostmonitor\%PrivateLog% == c:\hostmonitor\c:\hostmonitor\diskspacecdrive.htm

I mean %PrivateLog% variable represents full path to the log, not just name of the file

Regards
Alex
vidyagana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I logged in to my machine where I have hostmonitor running and I wanted to change the attachment from c:\hostmonitor\%PrivateLog% to just %PrivateLog% as per your suggestion. But somehow when I edit it and say ok it again comes up in the profile as c:\hostmonitor\%PrivateLog%. What do I need to do to make the change permanent?

Pls help.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor adds current path when you don't specify any.
H'm... I think I can make some changes in next version.
But ... do you really need this option? I mean there are no sense to send a lot of log files by e-mail, probably you need this option for several tests? In this case you may setup several action profiles.

Regards
Alex
vidyagana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have to setup alerts by email for all the tests like diskfreespace test, no of files in a folder test, service test, url test, performance counter test, etc. And the requirement is that I have to send an email for all these tests on bad action. So how many ever tests I have setup like if I have setup 10 tests, then I have to setup 10 action profiles?

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand you need to send e-mail when test fails. But I do not understand why do you want to send log file with every mail?
If, for example, 10 test fails and each log is about 10MB, you will receive 100MB in your mail box...

Regards
Alex
vidyagana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand what you are saying. So I will just send an email notification when a test fails indicating which test failed. Only if it is absolutely necessary I will send an attachment and for all such tests I will create separate action profiles. Is my understanding correct? Please acknowledge.

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right.
I have added new task into "to do" list, next version will not add current path in case there is only macro variable specified as name of mail attachment

Regards
Alex
vidyagana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great Alex.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: