Multiple alerts

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
kirk_e

Multiple alerts

Post by kirk_e »

HI,
I have 7 VPN links in a 'hub and spoke' config, I would like this monitor to email each remote site admin upon failure of each link but if all links fail I only want 1 email sent to myself... i.e. overide other alerts with one single alert.

Or possibly one test that will ping multiple host would work too.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry, don't see good solution...
But there is simple solution for this behavior: send email each remote site admin upon failure of each link AND e-mail to you when all links fail. Not good for you?

Regards
Alex
Wooltown

Post by Wooltown »

A nice feature to have would be the ability to have a test make an action if all dependent tests -fails/unknown/OK-, this is for the wish list

Regards
Sven
kirk_e

Post by kirk_e »

Alex,

how do I setup the alert for all links?? I've only just downloaded this software and to be honest i'm a bit lost in the alerting options. Please give me some indication of what i should be doing.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You want to send e-mail notifications, each test item should send mail to different recipient. Right?
1) open Action Profiles dialog (menu Profile->Action Profiles),
2) click [New] button to create new profile
3) click left [Add] button and select "Send e-mail (SMTP)" from the list; fill up action parameters. Use variable in "To" field (e.g. %CommentLine2%)
4) you may repeat step #3 for "Good" notification
5) close Action Profiles dialog
6) select test in the main window, open Test Properties dialog (press Enter key, or click [Edit] button to open dialog)
7) choose alert profile you just created in "Alert profile" field
8] add e-mail address of the recipient into Comment field (if you used %CommentLine2% variable, type e-mail address in the second line of the comment). Close dialog.
9) repeat steps 6-8 for each test item

Regards
Alex
kirk_e

Post by kirk_e »

Alex,

I have configured and tested all the alerts as you stated. Everything is now working well....I even managed to get the multiple alert thing working by setting up two test to each node and making one dependent on the other.... anyway all is now working. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Kirk_e