Change Log-File every day - no cleanup before start

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
JuergenF

Change Log-File every day - no cleanup before start

Post by JuergenF »

Dear all,

I have configured for Logging in HM 4.42 to "Automatically change the name every day"
to the name C:\TEMP\_user\HostMonitor\Logs\%dddd%-log.dbf (Monday, Tuesday, ...) .
Works so far.
No I found in the Logfile from Tuesday records from 04/04/06 a_n_d from 04/03/30.

Seems the log file is not cleared before starting to write the new data on 04/04/06.

Is there a possibility to tell HM to clear "old" data (from the last Tuesday) before starting to log this Tuesday.

Thanks
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Seems the log file is not cleared before starting to write the new data on 04/04/06.
Yes, of course. HostMonitor may clear log only in one case - size of the log exceeds specified limit.
Actually its not so simple question. What is new data? If we just change HostMonitor behavior to clear every log file that was not used last day, it will make a lot of problems for many customers :roll:

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

Post by JuergenF »

Dear Alex,

what about a new checkbox in the log-setting-dialog to force clearing when logfile is switched ?

regards

Juergen
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Yes, it could be implemented. I think we need some other new options...

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

Post by JuergenF »

Version 4.74 :D

Thanks a lot.

Juergen