KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reporting from private logs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quantum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reporting from private logs Reply with quote

Because of the way in which we want reports to work here I have configured a private log for each host that we look after. This private log is used for all tests that are made on that host.

I now want to schedule reports that use these private logs and have the output saved to a webserver for easy access.

Ideally I would like to use the reports that are made in the log analyser as they have nice graphs but I can't see how to do what I want to do !

So to sum up.

1. Scheduled reports using the private logs
2. Scheduled log analyser style reports.

Anyone know if it's possible or if there is a 'fudge' that will give me what I want ?

Thanks

-Q
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its possible but question is what exactly means "reports using the private logs"?

E.g. you may create "Custom HTML report" with links to private logs and setup HostMonitor to generate this report on regular basis.
See http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#CustomHTML

Also you may configure Log Analyzer to create report with links to separate logs (separate log file for each test item). In this case you even don't need private logs, Log Analyzer will create separate log files anyway (even if all records were in single log file)
See help section Log Analyzer -> Report Manager -> Templates -> Use template for the table (%DetailedLogFile% macro variable)

Regards
Alex
Quantum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I select the log file that I want the report to use ?

-Q
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking about Custom HTML report? Or about Log Analyzer?
In 1st case you should type links to log files in the HTML template.
In 2nd case use menu "File" -> "Load" if you are creating report manually or use "Load" command in the script if you want to generate reports automatically

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: