KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

probe deeper in URL test

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfoley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: probe deeper in URL test Reply with quote

I would like to be able to perform a URL test that can first login to a site and then perform a query on the next page or pages that download. I want to test that the site is up and running plus that the database connectors are working. Gathering the metrics for each page for review in log analyzer.

Thanks Denys
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"login to a site" is indistinct term. Some servers use standard HTTP authentication, some NT authentication, often admins use various custom methods like authentication forms. There are so many custom authentication schemes... some servers use cookies, some keep user id in the url....
What I am trying to say? It is impossible to implement single method that will work with any web site.

On the other hand HostMonitor can "login" to most of servers using URL or HTTP test methods. HostMonitor supports standard HTTP authentication, also it can accept cookies, you may setup HM to send username and password using GET or POST method as well.
To setup such test you should understand how your web server works, what script it uses for authentication, and so on.

Regards
Alex
Wooltown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't check out AutoIT from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3, it's a very nice freeware, too bad it isn't that easy to have it run with screen saver on, but if your HM computer is locked into a server room, then it's OK.

You can make a script that log on, tests functiopnality and logs of, and send a return code back to HM

Regards
Sven
sirzz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: same problem about post data Reply with quote

I have test HM 5.38 and I have a problem similar as the first floor.
I use ieHTTPHeaders from http://www.blunck.info/ to grab our AUTH post data packeage .
And when I want to use this data in HTTP test and put it in the post data area,I have a problem
The data has too many CR/LF,where HEX code is 0A0D,how can I paste it into a single line area "Post data"?
The data is

Quote:

POST /webmail/login.cgi HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, */*
Referer: http://mail.qianlong.com/webmail/index.cgi
Accept-Language: zh-cn
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Maxthon; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Host: mail.ql.com
Content-Length: 72
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: SITESERVER=ID=4513e626942131ab52ffabac4b8a1b60

ls_arg=0&user=hm0755&domain=ql.com&pass=hm0755&lang=gb%2Fmail.htpl

And I have another question
How can I buy your products in China?[/quote]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should paste data into [Optional headers] field, keep single line "ls_arg=0&user=hm0755&domain=ql.com&pass=hm0755&lang=gb%2Fmail.htpl" in [Post data] field

Quote:
And I have another question
How can I buy your products in China?

If you don't want to make on-line order, contact Qast Systems Solutions (China) Inc:
Shanghai 200050, China
Tel: 86-21-52400198
Fax:86-21-62115855
E-mail: oliver@qast.com

Regards
Alex[/quote]
sirzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still can't work as I post that header to optional header,but when I empaty the optional header area and left post data as you said,
IT WORKS!!!
TKS anyway:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: