Web Service: New user properties

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
aleibovici

Web Service: New user properties

Post by aleibovici »

I defined a new user in "User Profiles". There is a property here, called "Accept Remote Connections From".

a).How do I enter an address here?

b). When there is no entry here, does it mean that connections are accepted from _any_ address?

I cannot connect under the new username and I assumed it is because there is no entry in "Accept Remote Connections From". I can connect with "Admin".

TIA
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

>a).How do I enter an address here?

Press INSERT button and type an address.

>b). When there is no entry here, does it mean that connections are accepted from _any_ address?

No, it means no connection accepted.

Regards
Alex
aleibovici

Post by aleibovici »

I could insert IP addresses, activate and deactivate them; it all worked very well. Thank you very much.

Now, how can I *remove* an address? I tried some obvious things, and also looked up the documentation - no luck!

Another question:

The Info Pane window: I am not able to increase it (upwards) enough to view all the information at a glance. Is it by design?

TIA

Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

>Now, how can I *remove* an address? I tried some obvious things, and also looked up the documentation - no luck!

Really, documentation does not say anything about this. Will be improved.
Use Ctrl+DEL to remove item from the list.

>The Info Pane window: I am not able to increase it (upwards) enough to view all the information at a glance. Is it by design?

No, its not by design. As I understand you are able to resize panel but cannot make it big enough? What screen resolution has your system?

Regards
Alex
aleibovici

Post by aleibovici »

>Use Ctrl+DEL to remove item from the list.

OK, it works. Thanks.

>As I understand you are able to resize panel but cannot make it big enough? What screen resolution has your system?

I tried and found this effect at 600x800 and 1280x1024.

At 768x1024 I don't have this problem.

However, at this and the other two resolutions I've tried, I have noticed another annomaly: when I switch the Info Pane on, then quit and restart HM, I cannot re-dimension the info pane anymore; in order to be able to do this again, I have to switch the Info Pane off, then on.

TIA

Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I have noticed another annomaly: when I switch the Info Pane on, then quit and restart HM, I cannot re-dimension the info pane anymore; in order to be able to do this again, I have to switch the Info Pane off, then on.

Fixed. Update available at www.ks-soft.net/download/hm412.zip

>I tried and found this effect at 600x800 and 1280x1024.
At 768x1024 I don't have this problem.

This problem not fixed yet. Strange, sometimes I can reproduce it, sometimes cannot. I cannot find any resize restrictions in HM's code but ....

Regards
Alex
aleibovici

Post by aleibovici »

Alex,

>Fixed. Update available at www.ks-soft.net/download/hm412.zip

It's OK. Thank you !

>I cannot find any resize restrictions in HM's code but ....

There seems to be one: the size cannot be bigger than what is strictly needed to display everything without scrolling. Maybe the problem is that HM has the wrong idea :wink: about what is needed...

TIA

Alex